Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaOrestea

I wasn't sure on the toxic nature pictures at first. I think that the imagery is gorgeous and love the colour scheme - but the model freaks me out a bit :| I think on a different model that makeup could look really fantastic (in a quirky way :))

The collection looks pretty awesome though - those creme pigments sound like a really interesting product!

Btw - anyone ordering from Illamasqua in the next week can get 20% off with the code Web20 (runs our March 9th :))

spunky

i havent tried their products either. as a brand i dont think i am interested in trying their stuff anymore either. i read some stuff that changed my mind. some of the products look good though.
what did you read that put you off?

i like illamasqua, the things i have from them are great quality and i like how they're more artist-driven than sales-driven. and i'm quite fond of the dark imagery they use - just not this collection!

LMD84

what did you read that put you off?
i like illamasqua, the things i have from them are great quality and i like how they're more artist-driven than sales-driven. and i'm quite fond of the dark imagery they use - just not this collection!
I can't remember who i was talking to but it was somebody who was talking about employment with them and it became very apparent that they place 'good looks' highly on their ideal candidate list.

spunky

I can't remember who i was talking to but it was somebody who was talking about employment with them and it became very apparent that they place 'good looks' highly on their ideal candidate list.
really? wow. that's very subjective though, because who's to say who is or isn't attractive? and more to the point, your looks have nothing to do with your ability as a make up artist! what a ridiculous policy!

LMD84

apparently they don't have great attitudes either. I now remember who it was that mentioned this but i cant say who. But i have no reason to doubt her whatsoever and it really put me of them as a brand.

LisaOrestea

To be fair though - I would be VERY surprised if there are any cosmetic companies that don't favour more attractive candidates.

Its the same in fashion - music - anything artsy. I don't agree with it at all but its just the way that things work I am afraid. I couldn't get a job in a bank because of the colour of my hair, despite the fact that I am intelligent and would be perfectly capable of doing the work well. All companies have an "ideal" for the appearance of their staff - cosmetics included.

Alisha1

Its the same in fashion - music - anything artsy. I don't agree with it at all but its just the way that things work I am afraid. I couldn't get a job in a bank because of the colour of my hair, despite the fact that I am intelligent and would be perfectly capable of doing the work well. All companies have an "ideal" for the appearance of their staff - cosmetics included.

I completely agree with you on that, I feel all most cosmetic companies hire a specific type of person who looks a certain way, which kinda sucks cause I think I would be really good at selling makeup because of how much I've learnt through collecting it...

LisaOrestea

I would love to work for a cosmetics company too :)

I think that Illamasqua are the company I would most like to work for - just because they embrace "alternative" appearances. Whenever I shop at MAC I feel like i'm being laughed at a bit because of the way I look - but the customer service I have recieved whilst shopping at Illamasqua is always impeccable.

If they opened one in Guildford I would be first in line with my CV :D

Alisha1

If they opened one in Guildford I would be first in line with my CV :D
I think It's great when makeup companies hire 'normal' MA's because at the end of the day those are the people who are purchasing items; normal people who each have their own unique look.

I always feel abit paranoid when I shop at MAC but I think as soon as you show you want to buy something the MA suddenly appear alot more fake nice than ever! Their are some MAC MA's who have been really nice whereas others do seem abit too snobby!

LMD84

oh yeah i understand that these companies perhaps would favour people that look beautiful i still think that there is more to that when selling make up! i think as long as you're a good sales person it shoudlnt matter what you look like!

LisaOrestea

I think It's great when makeup companies hire 'normal' MA's because at the end of the day those are the people who are purchasing items; normal people who each have their own unique look.
I always feel abit paranoid when I shop at MAC but I think as soon as you show you want to buy something the MA suddenly appear alot more fake nice than ever! Their are some MAC MA's who have been really nice whereas others do seem abit too snobby!

I totally understand that - I just like that there is now a company that I feel more "at home" with y'know :p They can't all be the same haha.

Anitacska

I bought a Glamour magazine today with make up remover in it, thanks for the heads up!

Imaptiently awaiting my Debenhams deliveries, but I think it will now be MOnday (hopefully). They still have the 10% off beauty, but the extra 10% off code isn't working anymore. :(

LMD84

I bought a Glamour magazine today with make up remover in it, thanks for the heads up!

Imaptiently awaiting my Debenhams deliveries, but I think it will now be MOnday (hopefully). They still have the 10% off beauty, but the extra 10% off code isn't working anymore. :(
i am kinda pleased the extra 10% code isnt working! i was tempted to order some ud stuff!

Anitacska

Yeah, I agree, I nearly ordered some WW lipglosses with the possibility of 20% off and another 750 points, but I don't even really want them. I need professional help!
eeksign.gif

i am kinda pleased the extra 10% code isnt working! i was tempted to order some ud stuff!

LMD84

yeah that is why i resisted! i dont need anything else right now! lol! however now that love-makeup are selling crown brushes i may place a small order. but they are dirt cheap anyways!

Alisha1

I also bought Glamour today! Well I bought two...lol I got the makeup remover also and the facial cleanser...want to get the moisturising lotion tomorrow...hopefully waitrose have it!
I'm still waiting on Debenhams deliveries! One was despatched yesterday and one today so I'm hopping they'll both arrive monday..

Alisha1

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/50203/release-dates-for-the-uk/3990#post_2091999"]oh i might get it to get make up remover! i am always looking for new make up remover to try! :)
[/quote] I would recommend you checking the makeup remover out it is suprisingly good, it's so easy removing mascara with it!

Alisha1

I haven't tried it with Opulash yet but I was wearing benefit badgal in black cherry with maybelline (I forgot which mascara) underneath yesterday.

I went Waitrose to get the Clinique moisturiser with Glamour but they only had the gloss! Will definitely get it tomorrow from whsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.