Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabird

i'm not actually sure, despite the two phone calls. the two assistants were unhelpful, unclear and i felt like i was a bother to them and they seemed so disinterested. i'm either going to receive a returns label at home and at uni, or two at uni.. or even two at home. then i have to make my way to the post office (40 mins walk as i don't have a car) to mail it back, wait for them to faff around and then presumably they'll either refund me or send me another blush.. i want another blush but judging from todays fiasco i'm not 100% sure what i'll get. my closest mac store at home is in a debenhams so i've spent plenty of money there before, it's just that this is my first time online and i've been raging all day about it haha.

Are they going to replace your blush for you?

LMD84

wow you guys are really putting me off ordering mac from debenhams. i have only ever ordered urban decay from them and that all went fine. but i guess it's only when there is an issue will there be a problem.

Iwantitall

Boo to the utterly rubbish customer service and i am annoyed that i completely forgot that it was pancake day !
Im going to have them next tuesday. Hope there is some good news regarding shattered blushes and divided packages today x

LMD84

Boo to the utterly rubbish customer service and i am annoyed that i completely forgot that it was pancake day !
Im going to have them next tuesday. Hope there is some good news regarding shattered blushes and divided packages today x
oh no!! nobody should miss pancake day! shocking! you should have twice as many next tuesday to make up for it! hee hee! oh and todays question is what has everyone given up for lent? if anything of course! i have given up so much in my diet already i don't feel like i need to but i have become a little addicted to this cold cafe late drinks from tesco so perhaps i shall give those up!

seabird

oh no!! nobody should miss pancake day! shocking! you should have twice as many next tuesday to make up for it! hee hee! oh and todays question is what has everyone given up for lent? if anything of course! i have given up so much in my diet already i don't feel like i need to but i have become a little addicted to this cold cafe late drinks from tesco so perhaps i shall give those up!
not at all! we even had an 'early' pancake day as we were too excited and they provide so much amusement. i've actually not given up anything, i've decided to take on going to the gym more and cut down on alcohol consumption but i tend to find if i give something up completely it makes me want it more. as i'm not religious, i don't feel too bad about it!

Iwantitall

I promise that i shall have an extra large double portion
girlhaha.gif
Im on weightwatchers so i think that i started my lent early ! Im not too sure that i could give anything else up (certainly not makeup)...

rockin

I didn't forget pancake day, I just ignored it. I can't stand pancakes, no matter what they've got on them! I'll have my Nutella in a sandwich instead. Not being religious, I'm not giving anything up for Lent, either.

I've already given up my dance class for today, as my daughter is home sick from school :(

I second what seabird says - love-makeup always package their goods well, and send them promptly. Most times I've ordered from them, I've received my package the following day :)

Anitacska

It's really weird with Debenhams as sometimes they send the orders with excessive packaging, I've blogged about receiving 3 small things in 2 padded envelopes size of a house before! But then they don't package some things properly. I got my second order today, it was in a small box, inside it were the items wrapped in a big piece of bubble wrap and there were loads of polystyrene peanuts in the box too. Go figure!

not at all! we even had an 'early' pancake day as we were too excited and they provide so much amusement. i've actually not given up anything, i've decided to take on going to the gym more and cut down on alcohol consumption but i tend to find if i give something up completely it makes me want it more. as i'm not religious, i don't feel too bad about it!
I'm not giving anything up for lent, but I am on a misson to lose a few pounds as I've put on 2 stone over the last 2 years! Eek!
eeksign.gif
I've started walking more, I did half an hour both yesterday and the day before. Also been doing lots of hoovering and general running around, hope that counts too. :)

LMD84

congrats on walking more! that is great being more active! and it is so easy to put on weight. i have put on a crazy amount over the past 6 years but so far i have lost about 20lbs this year so it's coming off slowly!

rockin

Quote:
Originally posted by LMD84

oh i am sorry you will miss you dance class and i hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery! and i can't believe you don't like pancakes! do you like the little scotch pancakes at all? or just no pancakes in general? and yes love-makeup is an awesome site! :)

Actually, I don't mind the little scotch pancakes, with Nutella on, of course lol

Alisha1

Lol I received a package from debenhams with AP in it! I agree opening the parcel is like playing pass the parcel - they layer them so much! I think it's probably because some items come from a store and so they probably wrap it with whatever they have in hand. As long as the items come safely i'm not too fussed!

Anitacska

I'm not too fussed either, but the huge envelopes were a bit of a joke. I mean look at this:

Lol I received a package from debenhams with AP in it! I agree opening the parcel is like playing pass the parcel - they layer them so much! I think it's probably because some items come from a store and so they probably wrap it with whatever they have in hand. As long as the items come safely i'm not too fussed!

LMD84

i saw your blog post on all the packaging and thought it was crazy! it would be better with a little bubblewrap rather than all the envelopes and bags!

Eleentje

^ I agree completely about Selfridges London - clueless about LE stuff but good knowledge and quite helpful otherwise (they seem to have a lot of staff and even then you sometimes have to queue for help), if you can find Lavinia, she is a total sweetheart and very good at matching foundation...but it is an extremely busy counter so if you hate crowds avoid it at peak times (like after 4pm on weekdays). Otherwise I'd go to the PRO store on Fouberts Place or Westfield. Harvey Nichols and Harrods have always sucked when I've gone there, they have the classic snobby approach.
Eeep, I hate "the classic snobby approach". I really don't understand it either. You will end up selling more, if you're nice to your customers! It seems that the snobbishness is particularly frequent at major department stores. It really puts me off from buying stuff there.

Eleentje

And omg, all that packaging for those 3 items? What a waste!

I've made pancakes with sweetened cottage cheese inside (they were more like crepes) and sour cream. It's a Ukrainian/Polish receipe :)

Anitacska

My Mum makes them with sweetened cottage cheese (and raisins mixed with it) too, I'm originally from Hungary, so it's obviously an Eastern/Central European thing. Very yummy too!
sigh.gif

I've made pancakes with sweetened cottage cheese inside (they were more like crepes) and sour cream. It's a Ukrainian/Polish receipe :)

LMD84

oh wow! these sound amazing! and i have always wondered about where you were from! you have such a beautiful name :) much more exciting than mine! :)

LMD84

you are killing me with these yummy suggestions! :) i must try this! i bet my hubby would like them too!

Status
Not open for further replies.