Retail Make up artist position in Selfridge's UK- Help!

sriaz

Hi all,
I'm totally new on here and love this place!
girlhaha.gif

I wanted to ask for some help, pretty please...
anyone.gif

I am looking to apply for the above position in Birmingham, UK... I rang the recruitment line and the lady asked straight away if she could do a telephone interview... (panic alert!)
She said she would ask me about brand awareness etc and would i like to call back, I said yes and hung up!

I will be calling again very soon but want to get an idea of what they may ask...Can anyone please tell me what to expect and what you guys answered, don;t want to miss major things which I do when I'm nervous!

I have done a city and guilds 2 day intensive course in Asian bridal makeup, really heavy looks,,, I have done some mini photo shoots and created party looks mostly for family and friends... I now want to take my makeup to the next level hence I want to get this position so badly!
It is only Saturday, 7.5 hours which is great as I work during the week part time also...

I have a beginners kit and in that the only things that are mac are the prep and prime which I love, some studio fix powder plus compacts in NC20 NC21 (I think!) and some loose powders in the same shades and a few darker ones... I have the loose powders as I learnt a trick from my tutor, which is whilst on shoots mix the loose powders with castor oil to the consistency of foundation and use this instead of foundation... works brilliantly but it is only for shoots etc not to wear out personally...
and i have a few blushes...

I don't own any mac brushes only because i bought a good set of brushes from my course, unbranded though, and couldn't really afford to buy mac individual brushes... I would love to now though as I want to make sure I am using the best!
These few things are worrying me, will i know enough to just pretend i use/know more mac products and how do i remember brush numbers?! Ive never used them before!

I would appreciate any help, and will do a little prayer for you too, Thanks beautiful people!
th_hug.gif