Russian Red vs Ruby Woo?

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki_KILLER
Try Lady Danger. I love this color. It's so smokin, but it makes all the flaws on my face pop out even more. Guh.

I agree; Lady Danger definitely has more of a yellow/orange undertone than the other two.
I have pale skin with a pink undertone, NW15, and I didn't think Lady Danger would work at all on me.
I finally took a deeep breath and bought it, though.
If I didn't have (usually) clear skin and nice lips, I don't think I could wear it.
I still prefer Powerhouse, which is discontinued.
cry.gif

peachesxsan

I had Ruby Woo but swapped it away. It was just too red, intense, and matte. I would definitely recommend Russian Red though. The texture is easier to work with and more forgiving. My bf said it was a nice change from my usual pinks and peaches and that it was sexy.

Meisje

Thanks for all the input, guys!

I ended up buying Lady Danger, which is definitely a bright warm coral-red on me, and continue to be in love with Russian Red as well
yes.gif

Quote:
You may want to get a taser before you go out of the house wearing Ruby Woo, judging from the reaction you got wearing Russian Red.
eeksign.gif

I also wear red glasses, I think it was that combo along with pale skin and blonde hair. Ever since I got these glasses, strangers have been approaching me. And I think I'm rather average-looking, but those glasses are a dude-magnet.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje

those glasses are a dude-magnet.

Where can I get a pair of those glasses?
lol.gif

Back to topic: I'm glad you like Lady Danger.
I hesitated to recommend it, even though I like it on me.
Lady Danger is SO bright, and so very RED, that not everybody can wear it, and not everybody wants to.
It's definitely not for the faint of heart!

Meisje

I look good in bright, tomato reds so I figured it would apply to lipstick as well!

Not sure how long I'll leave this up, but here's me wearing Lady Danger. I'm standing next to a floor to skylight window on a bright day, so I look rather pale.

us.jpg

Meisje

He's wearing Ben Nye makeup! He does costuming and special effects makeup, and was looking for something that would stay, so he got some cream makeup from Ben Nye's stage line.

cno64

Lady Danger looks great on you!
It compliments your coloring, and makes your skin look gorgeously creamy. Somehow it even plays up your eyes, too.
Lady Danger is not the easiest color in the world to pull off, but you wear it well!

Latest posts