Saggy breasts caused by bras?

COBI

But it says over and over "too tight"; so, it's not the bra but the fit.

I need a bra for support.
smiles.gif
And I never like to wear them "too tight" anyway.

What I wish someone would come up with is one of the "shelf-bra" tanks that can and will support natural full Cs. Summer shirts can be such a challenge when it comes to supporting my top.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
ironic

Isn't it though. It makes sense. for example if our arm was in a sling for 20 years it would become weak.

florabundance

Well i'm definitely in the category of "needs to wear a bra", and I do even to bed, but I wouldn't describe my boobs as "saggy"...that article confused me lol

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
I wear my bras all day even to bed and i dont have saggy boobs, but they ae big. So i'm guessing once i have kids after breast feeding theyll be residing a great deal further south. Hmm if only there was a way to prevent that!

Another study i read said that it isn't the breastfeeding itself that causes saggy boobs but rather the number of children you have.
And take that bra off at night! You are on your back /stomach so i wouldn't worry about sagging then, and it is much more comfortable to sleep. I had DD's for a while and wore a bra to bed but i didn't see a difference except that it was uncomfortable. I have 3 kids and do push ups and arm weights and see a small difference and my arms are more toned. Plus the fatty tissue is slowly coming back on the top of my breasts because i'm still young.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Another study i read said that it isn't the breastfeeding itself that causes saggy boobs but rather the number of children you have.
And take that bra off at night! You are on your back /stomach so i wouldn't worry about sagging then, and it is much more comfortable to sleep. I had DD's for a while and wore a bra to bed but i didn't see a difference except that it was uncomfortable. I have 3 kids and do push ups and arm weights and see a small difference and my arms are more toned. Plus the fatty tissue is slowly coming back on the top of my breasts because i'm still young.

LOL ohh... my mum has overtly saggy boobs and she only has 2 kids! She was a young mum, but unlike you, she didn't exercise, and she put on a HELL of a lot of weight whilst pregnant that she never really lost.
do u think it's relative to individuals aswell?

Tinkee-Belle

Weird.... but kind of makes sense I guess. I have really.. really firm breasts lol (people always ask me if they are fake) and i rarely EVER wear a bra because I think they are uncomfy. Interesting!

pumpkincat210

I wish the article went more in depth. I have d's and i wonder if it is too late to stop wearing a bra or if i should just keep wearing a bra considering their size. I know i'm going to get some stares, but i find when i don't wear a bra i stand up straighter and my breasts become perkier and my overall look is much better. The only downside is my nipples aren't exactly even, but i'm the only one that probably notices.

ratmist

Quote:
I wish the article went more in depth. I have d's and i wonder if it is too late to stop wearing a bra or if i should just keep wearing a bra considering their size. I know i'm going to get some stares, but i find when i don't wear a bra i stand up straighter and my breasts become perkier and my overall look is much better. The only downside is my nipples aren't exactly even, but i'm the only one that probably notices.

Gravity will pull you down no matter what. This is one of the reasons why a lot of doctors advocate wearing support garments - in other words, a bra.

Just make sure you get a bra fitting every year or so, and as long as the bra is supportive rather than restrictive, you should be fine. I find sports bras are best for me, whereas underwire bras always end up cutting into my flesh no matter if I get them professionally fitted before buying them or not.

midge

Quote:

Lifting free weights is great for your arms, but it's not going to do a whole lot for your chest. Also, your arms will benefit more from push-ups than your chest. You'll need to do some bench presses if you really want to do something about the perkiness of the girls.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
Gravity will pull you down no matter what. This is one of the reasons why a lot of doctors advocate wearing support garments - in other words, a bra.

Just make sure you get a bra fitting every year or so, and as long as the bra is supportive rather than restrictive, you should be fine. I find sports bras are best for me, whereas underwire bras always end up cutting into my flesh no matter if I get them professionally fitted before buying them or not.

yeah, i know the awful thing about gravity, but strengthening my ligaments sounds so good, even if it only lasts for a few more years. I always wear a bra during physical activity, maybe even 2 depending on what i'm doing.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge
Lifting free weights is great for your arms, but it's not going to do a whole lot for your chest. Also, your arms will benefit more from push-ups than your chest. You'll need to do some bench presses if you really want to do something about the perkiness of the girls.

There are actually several arm/upper body exercises (with or without free weights depending on your current fitness level) that will engage and strengthen the underlying chest muscles that will help improve the lift of your chest.

However, they can not (nor can bench presses) reverse stretched skin or reverse sagging altogether; of course, breast size makes a difference on how much you can see a visual impact from toning the underlying muscles.
_____
Also, some breasts just naturally sag more. Embrace who you are.

Girl about town

Breasts are made of fat and breast tissue the only thing you can tone up is the muscle under the breasts!!! they will eventually give into gravity but wearing a bra stops them dangling all the time!! yo yo dieting and weight loss also cause saggy boobs xx

COBI

^Exactly!

If you have breasts of any size (other than flat), without a bra, gravity will cause them to eventually sag (some faster than others.) They are "bags" of tissues and fat and they aren't going to stay up forever on their own. And for that, plastic surgeons around the world are grateful.
th_wink3.gif

breechan

I'm sure you've seen pictures in National Geographic or in documentaries, of Women living in certain tribal societies, where its not custom for women to cover or support their breasts. The women over 20 pretty much have pendulous tits. Just sayin'....

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by breechan
I'm sure you've seen pictures in National Geographic or in documentaries, of Women living in certain tribal societies, where its not custom for women to cover or support their breasts. The women over 20 pretty much have pendulous tits. Just sayin'....

hehehehehehe, good one....
th_LMAO.gif
winks.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Embrace who you are.

that, or save up for a lift!

Quote:

exactly! only the young and a-cups are nice and perky, and anything over that they start headin' south.

KikiB

Yeah it's actually MORE uncomfortable for me to go braless at night than to wear a bra-at least with a bra everything stays in place. I hate the feeling of them being free...comes with the territory. I do intend to get a lift someday, because D-cups don't stay perky forever and they're already sagging a lot.

ratmist

Quote:

In some of those countries, it is tribal custom to flatten or iron the breasts using restrictive garments or a hot iron (seriously) when the girl reaches puberty. It's not just down to gravity.