samples

gooblyglob

you can ask for samples just like that? all this time I've been too embarrassed and just bought entire products...maybe I'm a bit slow but I should have figured that the lustre finishes have little colour payoff on me...or maybe I'm avoiding asking for a sample so I *have to* buy a whole product...hmmm...

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooblyglob
you can ask for samples just like that? all this time I've been too embarrassed and just bought entire products...maybe I'm a bit slow but I should have figured that the lustre finishes have little colour payoff on me...or maybe I'm avoiding asking for a sample so I *have to* buy a whole product...hmmm...

I think you're talking about eyeshadows right? I don't work for MAC... I don't believe you can get samples of pressed eyeshadows... My company's are all loose powder=). If you do ask for a sample though- try to go back& purchase when the m/a will be there so that she gets credit for the sale.

kittykit

I don't for samples unless I plan to purchase something from the store (normally do that after I've paid for the stuffs I buy). I only get samples for skin care products because I've sensitive skin.

BUT samples for eyeshadows? I never knew you could get samples for eyeshadows. Don't get upset. She sounds like a nut!!
winks.gif

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStarryEyedX
It's kind of one of those things you don't understand unless you've worked for a cosmetics company.

Oh no dear, i understand perfectly. It happens in all forums of retail. People treat sales people like absolute crap. It's awful. i worked with clothing, but i understand about people trying to get any and everything for free. Sometimes when my store had a promo on and we gave out gifts... oh man, the way people reacted "Can i have 6??"
It's like, we're giving you something for free! We don't have to give you anything at all, just be polite and thankful dont demand a boat load.
So trust me, i get it! We may not be selling the same product, but people, no matter what the market, tend to be rude and vile.

I just wanted to point out that i was one of those people that really does need to sample. On a good note, im not allergic to MUF HD primer or BE, ike i thought i was! woooot! i know what im buying next!

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Oh no dear, i understand perfectly. It happens in all forums of retail. People treat sales people like absolute crap. It's awful. i worked with clothing, but i understand about people trying to get any and everything for free. Sometimes when my store had a promo on and we gave out gifts... oh man, the way people reacted "Can i have 6??"
It's like, we're giving you something for free! We don't have to give you anything at all, just be polite and thankful dont demand a boat load.
So trust me, i get it! We may not be selling the same product, but people, no matter what the market, tend to be rude and vile.

I just wanted to point out that i was one of those people that really does need to sample. On a good note, im not allergic to MUF HD primer or BE, ike i thought i was! woooot! i know what im buying next!

BE is where I work haha, i was gonna keep it on the dl- but whatever. Usually people aren't allergic to it... Just be careful with eyeshadows that have any pink-red tones to them.. Those are usually the only allergic reactions that we see.... Mineral veil has cornstarch in it, so just make note of that. You should be good though
smiles.gif
. Have them give you samples of the Rare minerals line...If skincare is tough for you that line is really gentle. And if you go in to get your makeup done go in with no makeup on already because sometimes the wipes we give people make their faces itchy (I've only seen that happen maybe 3 times in the past year, but literally those are the only times people have bad reactions in that store..everything's made for super sensitive skin).

& I used to work with clothing too, in hs-my first year of college. Ahhh retail. Can't live with it, can't pay the bills without it.
th_dunno.gif