Seminars and Lessons, a Quick Guide

nliedel

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Unfortunately, Michigan isn't a strong center for theatre, film, or fashion, so you probably won't find much in your area. Most seminars and such are going to be located in hubs of the industry.

Vancouver is enough of a hub that it should have some decent classes and such. I'll see what I can't find out about what's available in your area.

MI now offers HUGE tax breaks for the film industry, but tend to bring in outside people. There is a market here for brides and Last Looks does seminars in Chicago. The problem is you don't need to have a liscense in this state to do makeup. Good, because we don't have to pay for hours of ueless training in hair dye, when we'll never use it. Bad, because there is no need for schools and they cannot make money so they don't teach here.

I would rather be unregulated and not have to pay those costs. I also am super careful with cleanliness and clients. That's the most important thing. You can be a wonder, but if you're passing on Pinkeye...

Miss Ava Marie

Looks like I may have to take a trip to NY.. not that I am complaining about that one.. I live in Ohio bahaha.. there isn't a makeup school here period
ssad.gif

Miss Ava Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
You can always call MAC and get on their list for classes/lessons. You usually have to buy an amount of products, but you get the class free. I enjoy them!

Do you happen to know that number or can I find it on their website?

DaniCakes

I'm thinking about taking some courses here. How are the seminars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
For Chicago Folk,,

I'm registering for a Bridal Make-up Seminar with these folks

Make Up News Events In Chicago

Their seminar is Saturday, July 18, 2009 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
$450

Make UP First School has a good reputation

YouTube - Make Up First School - Chicago

Make Up First , LLC (the “School”), is currently the only comprehensive, certificate program in Illinois dedicated solely to the art of makeup. The School provides an intensive series of makeup artistry classes, which, if satisfactorily completed, will result not only in the issuance of a certificate of completion from the school, but also from the State of Illinois.

The school is located at:

28 East Jackson Blvd
Suite 1910
Chicago IL 60604

In addition to the five core courses offered for certification, students will also be offered the opportunity to enroll in advanced classes for on-going education in the field of makeup artistry.

All courses are taught in a lecture/hands-on workshop format, thereby providing the students with much-needed application practice.

* Make Up First School is currently applying for registration as a sponsor for continuing education under the Illinois Barber Cosmetology, Esthetics and Nail Technology Act. Approval should be granted for Winter 2008.

* The school has been added to the Career Information System at :: Welcome to One Source ::

* Make Up First School is a MAC-approved school. For those employed by Estee Lauder, check employee handbook for tuition reimbursment.

BabyGirlB

I'm really interested in reputable distance courses since I'm having a baby in 2 months. I live in Canada and the only decent places I've seen are either in Toronto or Vancouver, which isn't going to happen in the near future! lol Any suggestions?

jflo1882

I live in Fort Worth, and it seems like nothing is offered here! Anybody know where I can go? I'm trying to get into freelancing. Im a stay at home moomy (28) and my husband keeps pushing to get started, but have no clue where to start. I've been doing makeup on friends and family for a while and a couple of weddings but nothing I got paid for. I have a kit, just need to add more foundations. Can I start off by assisting? Anyone need help?
graucho.gif
Sorry for all the questions but I cant seem to get this going! Any tips or advice or recommendations will be GREATLY!!!! appreciated! Thank you!!
th_dunno.gif
th_confused_new.gif