Shimpagne MSF Real or Fake?

gigglegirl

To me it looks right. If I'm not mistaken I've heard, MSFs would cost a lot of time and money to counterfeit and bake....

I would take it to be real.

a7xforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
To me it looks right. If I'm not mistaken I've heard, MSFs would cost a lot of time and money to counterfeit and bake....

I will have to keep my eye on this one then.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl

I agree. It looks fine to me.
yes.gif

i_luv_mac

What seems worrying from the photo is that you cannot see any veining in the skinfinish. Shimpagne has subtle beige and slightly gold veining. The packaging looks alright though.

gigglegirl

Granted its hard to see the veining. But the Light Flush I bought from the MAC counter was supposed to have veining too--and had hardly any.

i_luv_mac

The seller also has previous bad feedback for having a different picture compared to the description.

I'd avoid totally personally. Not worth the hassle.

ExquisiteImages

MSFs are really hard to counterfeit since it takes quite some time to counterfeit since it has to be baked and so forth.

In regards to the picture, it's definitely not Shimpagne though since I can see two words on the sticker on the box that indicates the shade of the MSF. Perhaps it's Porcelain Pink possibly?

Just message the seller and asks questions to be on the safe side.

Angels_Decay

Looks safe to me, its hard to see the photo though...and like said above it's really hard to copy this product. If your still worried i would mail the seller asking for a close up photo to make sure.

Pnk85

I've recently become addicted to MSFs and other than getting them here ebay is my only other option. What are some flags that I need to look for that would tell me an MSF is fake?? I know you all said that it is hard to counterfeit MSFs b/c they are baked but it seems these counterfeit people are getting better and better so I'm a little paranoid....

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnk85
I've recently become addicted to MSFs and other than getting them here ebay is my only other option. What are some flags that I need to look for that would tell me an MSF is fake?? I know you all said that it is hard to counterfeit MSFs b/c they are baked but it seems these counterfeit people are getting better and better so I'm a little paranoid....

MSFs have not been faked... YET so I guess its safe to buy now. Not sure about the MES because I've seen one or two dodgy ones.