Shiseido the makeup!

kimmy

i have some money left on the Macy's gift card my dad got me for Christmas, and i was thinking about trying out Shiseido with it. what are you experiences/opinions on Shiseido makeup?

fancy_lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
The mascara primer is to die for. The lip liners are also fantastic.

Yep, it's definitely a must-have. It holds curls all day and makes any mascara you put on top of it waterproof
eyelove.gif

daisydeadpetals

I tried shiseido's the makeup powdery foundation and I had to return it
ssad.gif
I have a hard time finding a light enough shade of makeup and while this was a pretty close match, it made my skin itchy and I never have problems like that, my skin isn't very sensitive. It felt really dry on my skin and it felt like a mask...basically I hated it. It had pretty good reviews on makeupalley though, maybe it's just me or maybe their creme foundations are better?
smiles.gif

Artemis

I like the packaging and it's pretty high end. It's nice but too pricey for me. I prefer Lancome for some reason even though they are around the same prices.o_O

natalie75

I have never felt this amazed with a product! I have blonde NO LASHES and I cannot believe in all the hours I've spent here that I had not heard of this product.

I tried it last night and my eyelashes actually touched my eyebrows!! It was like false eyelashes. I cannot recommend this enough!! YOU MUST TRY THIS PRODUCT!!
clap.gif

SnowWhiteQueen

I sell Shiseido among other at my store and I really really love it. As already mentioned, the mascara primer is awesome. The lasting lift mascara is really nice too, though it is a little hard to remove!!! I love the hydro-liquid compact foundation and the dual balancing foundation. The eyeshadows are beatiful but quite light, though if you want a really unique colour check out fire opal. The blushes are fantastic and subtle, and I am currently using Pureness skin care products and I really love that too!!! Beautiful packaging for everything.

Fairybelle

Shiseido lipglosses are not sticky, and come in some beautiful sheer colors. I have also read rave reviews on the lash primer and Lifting Mascara. My other rec would be to try out their skincare. Their facial washes are fantastic and won't overdry!

_trimm_trabb

Definitely pick up the mascara primer, it is as amazing as everyone says. Also their extra-smooth sun protection cream spf36 is HG for me for a daily moisturizer!

NoAddedSugar

I've become a recent convert to the skincare including Gentle Cleansing Foam and Hydro-Refining softening Lotion (finally a "toner" I can use and that actually does something for me).

I also love the new cream liner in black, I was given a sample which is lasting ages and came with a tiny brush but I really want the full version with the new brush that is exclusive with the liner.

I've also been using the Lifting Foundation, which is really lovely and a perfect shade for me. I think its a bit better for dryer skins but I haven't found better yet.

ruqayya33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
The mascara primer is to die for. The lip liners are also fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy_lotus
Yep, it's definitely a must-have. It holds curls all day and makes any mascara you put on top of it waterproof
eyelove.gif

I absolutely agree on the the lash primer. It's an amazing product. It even makes some of the "weakest" mascaras perform well.

I also love the lash curler. IMHO, it's even better than the Shu Uemura curler.

I've seen a couple of their lip products and they looked interesting. Haven't yet tried them, though.

Their foundations and powders did not suit me. I didn't actually try them, but could tell just by looking at them that they were too pale/light/pink for my MMM/light CCC complexion.

ruqayya33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
Shiseido lipglosses are not sticky, and come in some beautiful sheer colors. I have also read rave reviews on the lash primer and Lifting Mascara. My other rec would be to try out their skincare. Their facial washes are fantastic and won't overdry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoAddedSugar
I've become a recent convert to the skincare including Gentle Cleansing Foam and Hydro-Refining softening Lotion (finally a "toner" I can use and that actually does something for me).

I also love the new cream liner in black, I was given a sample which is lasting ages and came with a tiny brush but I really want the full version with the new brush that is exclusive with the liner.

I've also been using the Lifting Foundation, which is really lovely and a perfect shade for me. I think its a bit better for dryer skins but I haven't found better yet.

hmm.gif
Ya'll are "forcing" me to go to the mall and check out more of that line...... the lippies and skin care products in particular.

chipmunkvoice

Like most people have already mentioned.... but its definitely worth mentioning again, the Mascara Base is a MUST HAVE! The eyelash curler is superb as well!

Other than those two items... the Pureness line Balancing Softener is good too. And for the other things, eh... theyre okay.

red

I recently purchased the face powder in PINK ROSE ...
gorgeous, highest quality.

(it has a lilac/lavender undertone, great for the rudiness on the skin)

100_2743.jpg

The cream eyeliner (have that as well) ... OMG absolutely incredible!

red

I find the cream eyeliner absolutely incredible! I have it in the brown.
I took this pic with the webcam, as my digital at the time was broken.

Picture2372.jpg

Kiseki

Their Lip Glosses (get it in Peach Melba), the mascara primer, the sunscreen, the new lip liners.