should i be disappointed?

zombiedoll

today i just found out that a full-time position i had applied for at my local M.A.C. counter was given to someone else, but they want me to be a freelance artist.

is it worth it? i have been reading a lot of the topics on this forum and it seems that a lot of people don't recommend working as a freelance artist. i am not even sure if a freelance artist gets to go through M.A.C. training or recieves any tools?

i admit that i am pretty disappointed about not getting the position. both of my interviews went really well and i even had a portfolio to show along with my resume. i have at least 5 years experience in cosmetics, so i know i have what it takes.

is becoming a freelance artist and working only 4 times out of the year worth it though?:confused:

SARAHluvsMAC

it is worth it, a good way to get your foot in the door
also you dont only work 4 times a year, you can fill in shifts all year round, and also choose your own hours!

pumpkincat210

I'd say take it. Once you are freelance it is easy to advance to a full time postition especially if you are excited to be working a little bit for them. Plus when you are freelance you can get a discount when you are working.