Should I go to Empire Academy of Makeup?

I am currently a third year college student at UC Irvine, and I'm really interested in doing bridal makeup. I've always been interested in makeup since I was a child and have spent years collecting products and practicing on friends, as well as watching tons of tutorials. I am wondering if makeup school is the way to go, on the side of going to a university. Will it help me get a job in bridal makeup? I checked out this website and it seems pretty good. .:: EMPIRE - academy of makeup ::.. Any advice appreciated! I just joined this site btw. :]

laceface

I have heard GREAT things about Empire. A lot of very successful MUAs have gone there. I would definitely recommend it. I have been wanting to go there for soooooo long but I can't get myself away from work to Costa Mesa for the course.

Tendertoni

Actually, I will start taking classes at Empire School at the end of August. I'm going for my certification in Makeup Artistry. I visited a few schools before deciding on Empire. I also spoke to a friend of mine who is a manager at on of the freestanding stores here in NYC. She's heard nothing but good things about the school. Feel free to ask me any questions!!!

aefreema

Hey hun! I'm currently pursuing grad school myself. If you can afford it then go for it! Empire is my dream school but a really good friend put things into perspective for me (she's licensed also). She gave me the advice of attending a regular technial college program (which with financial aid is virtually free) and after licensure...attend the advanced courses @ Empire. This saves you money and you get the same education for less!