Should your cheek highlight match your brow highlight?

Vagus

I didn't know exactly where to post this question.

I love Nars Albatross for a cheek and brow highlight. It looks great on my NC20 skin. Problem is, it doesn't look so great as a brow highlight if the rest of my eye makeup is either extra sparkly or cooler toned. In that instance, MAC Shroom is a better color for the brow being that it is less shimmery and more neutral rather than golden.

The dilemma is that Shroom is not so flattering as a cheek highlight for me. It appears quite cool toned on my cheeks and looks a bit odd.

Should the brow and cheek highlights always match? I've tried Shroom on the brow and Albatross on the cheek and while it doesn't look bad, it doesn't look as great as when I use Albatross for both.

Thanks!

LMD84

honestly i never match my cheek and eye highlight shade and i don't think you have to at all. wear what you want and what looks good on you :)

WhatWouldJoanDo

definitely don't wear what you don't like .... there are no rules ... I like to wear copacabana multiple as cheek brow and even nose and chin highlight in the late spring/summer

WhatWouldJoanDo

definitely don't wear what you don't like .... there are no rules ... I like to wear copacabana multiple as cheek brow and even nose and chin highlight in the late spring/summer

coffee1

I don't think they need to match. I usually use MAC lightscapade for my cheek, and I use all sorts of things for my eye highlight!