Shudder...

fash10nista

That's pathetic...
thmbdn.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani78
ewww. that is gross. i hope nobody falls for it and buys it.

Unfortunately someone has bid on it......

sweetr

6 bids
angry.gif
, how can people be so mean to sell fake stuff. People think that they get real stuff, and I would think that many don't know MAC well enough to not bid on fakes.

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_SiN_X
wtf??? Are these people stupid?

Don't say that people are stupid. A lot of people put their trust in sellers to sell "real" items. Not everybody knows everything that MAC has put out. Or, for that matter, know these places like Specktra, MUA exist...
Who knows, what if it is some grandmother buying for her granddaughter and she sees MAC in the title - how is she supposed to know any better??
Put the blame where it belongs and that would be the seller.

I do understand what you are saying, though. As a buyer, I try to research a lot of things that I buy to know whether or not I am getting a deal or not, whether things are fake or real. So, I do believe that as a buyer, there is some responsibility to be had on their part also.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
Don't say that people are stupid. A lot of people put their trust in sellers to sell "real" items. Not everybody knows everything that MAC has put out. Or, for that matter, know these places like Specktra, MUA exist...
Who knows, what if it is some grandmother buying for her granddaughter and she sees MAC in the title - how is she supposed to know any better??
Put the blame where it belongs and that would be the seller.

I have to agree. If I wasn't aware and somewhat informed because of Specktra, I would have probably bought fake pigments, and assumed they are real. It would never occur to me that people would make counterfit makeup. It seems such a riduculous concept.

But I have to say, that is such a horrible counterfit that I am half disgusted and half amused by some people's stupidity (the seller's). At least make it look convincing!

rockin

I had never seen any MAC before, when I unfortunately bought exactly the same type of fake pigment on ebay, so had Wolfsong not put me in the picture, I would have been totally unaware that it was counterfeit. That doesn't make me stupid, just uninformed, and unaware that fakes even existed

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I had never seen any MAC before, when I unfortunately bought exactly the same type of fake pigment on ebay, so had Wolfsong not put me in the picture, I would have been totally unaware that it was counterfeit. That doesn't make me stupid, just uninformed, and unaware that fakes even existed

If you've never seen farm animals before, you wouldn't know a cow from a chicken. Its the audacity and conniving nature of the seller that needs to be addressed, not whether the buyer should have known better (how many of us that venture into the counterfeit section have been sold fake MAC? I for one have had 2 separate occurances of it).

X_SiN_X

to clarify my post:
i meant wtf are the 'sellers' stupid for trying to flog off such obvious fakes.
to try and flog off pigments is one thing as not everyone would know what to look for obviously, to try and flog off round pallettes of god knows what with a mac sticker on it is quite stupid.