Shy guy or what?

Doowop

Recently I met this really cute guy and by cute I mean he's so cute that I feel insecure lol. One thing led to another and... we added each other on messenger lol. We haven't really talked much.

Today online, he said in a joking manner that if I am bored I can go out on a date with him. I wasn't sure if he was serious so I replied in a joking way if he's serious. He didn't give an answer and we kept skirting around this. Later on he said I can ask him out because he has no plans after work usually and I had the feeling he wanted me to ask him out directly but why can't he do that? I just asked if he has plans tomorrow, he said no and he asked me so I said no(a lie though), but nothing came out of it. Anyway we aren't chatting now even though we are both online. I really want to just ask him out "indirectly" but he's giving mixed signals.

I find it hard that he can be shy, maybe because I assume that sporty and really really CUTE guys can be shy, as scienctific studies show that athletic people are usually confident. And of course popular.

I should add that we met on this assignment job. On the last day he asked if I wanna go drinking after work with other colleagues, I said yes. I had to leave early and told him that he can contact me later. Then when I saw him throughout the entire day he didn't mention about the drinking or even talk to me much, in fact he barely spoke 1 sentence to me, just like throughout the entire job! After work I was waiting for his call or text but nothing. Finally I just texted him if it's still on, and he called me saying that there is only 1 girl in a group of 10 guys maybe it may be awkward for me if I went. I didn't want to sound desperate so I said I won't go then. Besides most of the colleagues know each other from the previous assignment jobs, I am one of the few newbies. I just found out that they didn't go drinking in the end. But I felt like he was blowing me off.

KeishaG14

If a guy is TRULY interested, he will find a way to ask you out no matter how shy he may be.

kabuki_KILLER

In a way, he already did ask you out by saying he's available and interested. He's probably just worried you'll say no or turn him down nicely by saying the whole "Oh I'm busy" speel. Hope it all works out for you! Sounds like a pretty decent and normal guy.

In my world, I wish guys were that nice. Haha.

Simply Elegant

My boyfriend is sort of like that but put his shyness aside when we were seeing each other. I think he sort of has asked you. It's more indirect but he's still prompting you and showing interest. Maybe he didn't want you to go drinking because he might have wanted alone time with you or thought you might become interested in another of the guys in the group. I'd just directly ask.

gildedangel

I dated a guy like this once; he is simply afraid of rejection. If you are really interested in him, take him up on his next offer.
smiles.gif

Machinegun_Cali

well if hes really cute and you want it then go for it...dont wait around for a man, and if he declines its his loss

MaskedBeauty

I agree. I think he is afraid of direction and that's why he sort of takes the lead for you by asking if you're busy and saying he's not busy. Start with something small if you want like going to see a movie or going christmas shopping together. there are some guys that like christmas shopping. lol. Or if you need help putting up decorations, ask for his help. I really highly doubt that he will blow you off, shy guys just want the girl to make the first move. Good luck and let us know how it goes
smiles.gif

Doowop

haha I'm surprised by the answers because I thought you all would be saying he's just playing around..yea if anything happens I'll update here!

cazgh

Ha - I later found out that when I started chatting to my now husband when he first asked me out via email at work that it wasnt him it was his friend as he was too scared - you never can tell
smiles.gif

Doowop

that's sweet! ^

Just an update: This guy told me that he wants me to ask him out? WTH?! That's definitely not being shy.. before that he even asked why I did not ask him out over the weekend. if we ever have a first date I'll see how it goes.. he doens't seem shy to me in person. Maybe he's not at sincere person..I can imagine him doing the same to all the other girls! One reason why I prefer talking to dates in person than online.. things get weird.

cazgh

Just respond with "I'm a traditional girl - I believe the man should do the asking" - and see what his response is to that one...

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowop
that's sweet! ^

Just an update: This guy told me that he wants me to ask him out? WTH?! That's definitely not being shy.. before that he even asked why I did not ask him out over the weekend. if we ever have a first date I'll see how it goes.. he doens't seem shy to me in person. Maybe he's not at sincere person..I can imagine him doing the same to all the other girls! One reason why I prefer talking to dates in person than online.. things get weird.

haha, definitely not a traditional guy! I would say this is definitely unorthodox, but heck, first impressions aren't everything. Just ask him out and see how the first date goes! Then see where it goes from there
smiles.gif