Sigma brushes any good

Kassie

hey ladies, I was wondering if Sigma brushes are any good? I heard great things about how they were made and the price is fairly cheap just wondering what you guys thought.

shellygrrl

Staff member
IMO, they're good, but not necessarily great, if that makes sense. The one I would recommend above most of the others is the F80.

Kassie

IMO, they're good, but not necessarily great, if that makes sense. The one I would recommend above most of the others is the F80.
OK thanks I seen they were pretty cheap and was kinda thinking they were too cheap, thanks for the input you saved me some money and time :)

kimbunney

I personally feel like some drugstore brushes are better and some are cheaper than Sigma brushes. Also I don't feel like Sigma brushes last a long time which doesn't justify the price in some cases.

My poor F80 brush died about a month ago. After a year of consistent use and washing the hairs were coming out and finally the metal handle thing disconnected. I did love that brush just wish the quality was better.

I'd rather invest in a MAC brush because at least I know I'll get years of use even if the brush is quite pricey.

Kassie

I personally feel like some drugstore brushes are better and some are cheaper than Sigma brushes. Also I don't feel like Sigma brushes last a long time which doesn't justify the price in some cases.

My poor F80 brush died about a month ago. After a year of consistent use and washing the hairs were coming out and finally the metal handle thing disconnected. I did love that brush just wish the quality was better.

I'd rather invest in a MAC brush because at least I know I'll get years of use even if the brush is quite pricey.
Yes thats the point I'm at, I'd rather spend more money on something that's better quality and last longer. My makeup brushes always lose their hairs which really get annoying when your trying to do your makeup. what MAC brushes do you like?

kimbunney

Which ones do you own now?

I like the MAC 109 for blush application, but people have used it for foundation as well. Sigma has a brush similiar I think its the F05 its good but a huge difference is after you wash a couple of times its not soft like the MAC brush. After I wash my MAC one its like the same condition as when I first picked it up. It does shed. Also the MAC 224 is another favorite for blending and eye area work. Sigma also has one similiar but its so different as well, E40. The brush hairs flare out even more after washing but I personally like the brush for highlighting my face.

Other MAC brushes I love:
Mac 239, 242, 265, 252, 219, 217

I think I own around 10 to 15 so I don't have a lot compared to others because they are expensive and only buy one or two every few months or so.
Yes thats the point I'm at, I'd rather spend more money on something that's better quality and last longer. My makeup brushes always lose their hairs which really get annoying when your trying to do your makeup. what MAC brushes do you like?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Heh. I bought mine almost two years ago and it's still fully in tact. OTOH, I don't wear makeup every day and I don't use it as much as I have done in the past, mainly because I'm using a foundation that (IMO, at least) is better applied with fingers. The other Sigma ones I have are F05 (it's not scratchy now after having been washed/used several times, but it's not what I'd call extremely soft, either), F40, F60 (ferrule came loose after about a month; I later bought a Studio Tools brush from Target that I prefer), P82 (I do like this one as well; use it mainly for concealer, but not all the time), E25 (fluffier, softer, longer bristles than the 217; I also have a short-handle/travel size version), E30 (has a bit more give than I'd like it to have, but good for smudging liner. Is the 219 more resilient?), E45 (not bad, but I prefer my Louise Young LY38), and E55 (another okay one, but I prefer the 239 for packing on colour). MAC-wise, I own 116 (I've been using this for contouring), 217 (a favourite), 226 (like it, prefer LY38), 239 (love!).