Smokey eye - first ever attempt!!

RubyTuesday

Hello lovely ladies!!

I am very new to the forum, but wanted to share my first ever attempt at the smokey eye effect after a tutorial I followed in a make up book by a leading male make up artist to the stars (Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, Demi Moore, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc.)

Please be kind - I am after your comments and critique. I am currently investigating courses due to an avid interest in the field, but also to help with my partner and his photography busines he has newly launched.

Vague recollection of the products I used, but here goes..

Face
*Concealer was a basic avon product as I dont generally wear alot of base, etc
*Clarins Colour tint No.3 (?)
*Avon mousse (porcelain) for highlighting forehead, chin and under eye area
*Blooms transluscent powder to set

Eye
*BYS (cheapie brand) pallete with black/charcoal colour for the smokey
*Highlight was Napoleon loose eyeshadow in Champagne (?)
*Kohl = Lancome Black

Lips
*Amway lipliner to line and fill lips (Artistry - cannot remember the colour)
*Clarins lipstick to fill the area again (latte col)
*Modelco lip gloss pallet for gloss (drag queen??)
*Mascara Dior Show (black)

Cheeks
*Sunburnt colour (fake bake)
*Clarins Summer fever sun blush

*Phew* Here we gooo.... Eeep..

coachkitten

You are gorgeous! The lighting makes it hard to see the colors but from what I can see you do a great job applying your makeup.
smiles.gif
Can't wait to see more FOTDs from you!

RubyTuesday

Aww thanks Coachkitten!! I figured the only way I am going to learn is to show what I am actually doing (outcome wise).

You are right, the pics are not very good as far as detail.. My next attempt I will ensure to get the close up of the eye etc.

Thanks so much for your encouraging response!!
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

I'd love to see the colours better next time, but it looks like you did a good job! The smoky eye is one of my favourites. Hope to see more from you!
smiles.gif

hollyca

It's really pretty! Were you talking about the Kevyn Accouain book? I love that one. I can't believe that's your first smokey eye!!!!!

vocaltest

very pretty
smiles.gif
so good for a first attempt too, i remember my first smokey eye attempt aged 13... i looked like a bloody racoon!