So I have my demo interview on Tuesday (MAC New Zealand)

gracehowarth

Hi everyone!

I have my demo interview on Tuesday and I am sooo nervous! So excited, too! I think the hiring process must work a bit differently down here on the other side of the world however ...

I am friends with a couple of the girls at the MAC counter in my town, and one of them called me the other week to say they're really short staffed and would I please apply for a position. Well of course I wasn't going to say no. So I went in with my CV and cover letter a couple days later, spoke to the manager who gave me the emails of some people at the NZ head office to fwd my CV to as well. Conveniently, the head office were coming down next (this) week! So I sent off my CV and got a reply the next working day asking if I could come in for an interview!! Yay!! She also let me know that I will be doing a makeup application, but when I confirmed whether or not I would need to bring a model she said no. So I'm pretty nervous wondering who I'll be doing the makeup on!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

misscatnz

Hey doll, I just read your thread! How did your interview process go? :) MAC is hiring at the moment here in Auckland and I've just submitted my application. Waiting anxiously for a callback now :-D would be great to have a little insight on what the interview process and demo was like for you! Cat