so i have officially been screwed...

elaborate

If I were you I would send the brushes back - it's better to have them out of sight. Please post the seller here so that we may steer clear of him/her in the future!

I also second third fourth whatever the recommendation of using Paypal. You should use a credit card to fund the Paypal, because I have read it on the web that Paypal don't always pay you back even if you have filed a Significantly Not as Described Dispute. If you'd paid with a CC (instead of a debit card / money from the bank account) you can get the money back from the CC and the CC company would do a charge back on Paypal.

And for UK buyers - I have read it on the moneysavingexpert website that people have successfully taken Paypal to Small Claims Court and won by default, as Paypal won't bother to defend itself for small amounts.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
they are a disgrace to my traincase! UGH!!!!!

Too funny!!! I just pictured all of your other products doing this

th_WeAreDoomed.png
ohboy.gif
ohboy.gif
:|
WTF2.gif
eeksign.gif
:arrow:

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Too funny!!! I just pictured all of your other products doing this

th_WeAreDoomed.png
ohboy.gif
ohboy.gif
:|
WTF2.gif
eeksign.gif
:arrow:

seriously!!! they're like little stinky plastic imposters. totally not happening.
rofl.gif

prinzessin784

ugh that SUCKS! People can be such jerks and scammers! I personally would send them First Class rather than Priority just because it will only get there about a day behind and it's much cheaper, and defnitely get the Delivery Confirmation! I'd be nervous about sending them back too, I feel ya! Good luck with it!

Sonya Adams

I think I replied to you on LJ - Contact SquareTrade.com and file a dispute with them (they do the disputes when PayPal wasn't used or when PayPal refuses the refund). Anyway, they'll do legal mediation free of charge for you (provided by eBay).

Secondly, file at the USPS for mail fraud. They consider the shipment of counterfeit items to be as such (I used to work for USPS) and will prosecute to the full extent of the law (and that's a federal offense for mail fraud).

You may also get your money back on your money order if it was a USPS one... let them know the situation and allow them to file any paperwork that they need to against the seller.

Good luck!

caffn8me

It's a criminal offence to sell counterfeit items in both the USA and the UK. You can contact consumer protection departments and let them deal with the seller in a rather more robust manner than eBay will.

caffn8me

Not good enough. Demand the shipping costs and threaten to take the seller to consumer protection if they fail to refund them. Remind the seller that it's a criminal offence to sell counterfeit items. If you still get no joy, let me know.

tinagrzela

Well, after you nice girls posted pictures of how to determine if it's a fake, I almost cried...the one I bought on ebay is a fake. I contacted the seller, and through hundreds of back and forth, I discovered he's an asshole, and won't admit to it being fake, AND won't give me my money back. I opened a dispute in paypal, but he won't even pay there either. I'm so depressed, I want to cry. I wanted that brush so much, and now I'm out more than $30, and I feel so depressed for being duped so badly..
ssad.gif
((

honeebee

Did you use a credit or debit card to pay? I would dispute it with the credit/debit card company.

Don't beat yourself up... It has happened to the best of us. I been through this and I didn't receive any type of reimbursement until I filed a complaint with my credit card company.

Good luck
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
Well, after you nice girls posted pictures of how to determine if it's a fake, I almost cried...the one I bought on ebay is a fake. I contacted the seller, and through hundreds of back and forth, I discovered he's an asshole, and won't admit to it being fake, AND won't give me my money back. I opened a dispute in paypal, but he won't even pay there either. I'm so depressed, I want to cry. I wanted that brush so much, and now I'm out more than $30, and I feel so depressed for being duped so badly..
ssad.gif
((

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeebee
Did you use a credit or debit card to pay? I would dispute it with the credit/debit card company.

Don't beat yourself up... It has happened to the best of us. I been through this and I didn't receive any type of reimbursement until I filed a complaint with my credit card company.

Good luck
smiles.gif

Read this thread…..Receiving a fake-product is not a reason her CC company accepts as a reason to reimburse her.

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=63028

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeve2010
hi,

In resume my story is that I purchase M.A.C. pigments from a seller on eBay and they turn out to be fake product. When I received them I had doubt about the authenticity of the product so I went to a M.A.C. store twice. Both times, I was told it was counterfeit (poor quality, color, texture, etc.). I was even shown what a real pigment looks like. The first time I had talk to the retail manager and the second time with the assistant manager.

I have tried to communicate with the seller a couple of times, but I never got a response.

During this time I have lodge a complaint on eBay with the seller on august 24 and 26 but the seller never responded to it. He has taken my money and run with it. The seller’s name on eBay was «candyapple0000» but he is no longer registed on the site.

In order to fully refund me, my credit card company only wants a formal letter from M.A.C. stating that I received fake M.A.C. products. I would really appreciate a letter from the head office because I lost a lot of money with this bad transaction. But told me that they will never give a formal letter....
weeping.gif

So do you know what can I do to get a proof? other suggestion?

thank you

tinagrzela

I just just called my CC company, since I paid with it through PayPal, and they said the same thing as the girl above...they said they need an official letter from MAC headquarters.
ssad.gif
I feel so foolish!! I've been into MAC for a long time, and I'm usually so good at identifying fakes...I just escalated my claim on paypal, so now it's in the hands of the paypal people...watch this, they're gonna side with the stupid seller guy!! I'm so unlucky...

Quote:

Good luck
smiles.gif

honeebee

I'm sorry
weeping.gif
...I don't know what else to suggest. Have you left feedback yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
I just just called my CC company, since I paid with it through PayPal, and they said the same thing as the girl above...they said they need an official letter from MAC headquarters.
ssad.gif
I feel so foolish!! I've been into MAC for a long time, and I'm usually so good at identifying fakes...I just escalated my claim on paypal, so now it's in the hands of the paypal people...watch this, they're gonna side with the stupid seller guy!! I'm so unlucky...

tinagrzela

Thanks so much honeebee...you're so nice to make me feel better like that! Yes, I have left feedback, but it doesn't seem to do anything to this jerk!

Quote:
I'm sorry
weeping.gif
...I don't know what else to suggest. Have you left feedback yet?

caffn8me

I have a few ideas what you can do but need to talk to someone about them first and he won't be around until next week.

tinagrzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I have a few ideas what you can do but need to talk to someone about them first and he won't be around until next week.

Thanks so much Sarah!! Yes, I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me!!

tinagrzela

Oh my god!!! You guys!!! Paypal decide to side with me, since the seller never responded to the emails PayPal sent to him, so that he could defend his case. So, 2 weeks later, PayPal paid me back my money! I'm so happy and grateful to you guys for helping me figure out it was fake!! I'm 4 hours from the MAC store, so it's pretty hard to compare.