Some sweet person with a spare room?

majacat

Hey im looking for a place to crash for 1 week.. my boyfriend and i would like to go to New York (shopping and sightseeing) but the cashflow isn't that great and the plane tickets are expensive.
So if you either have a room to spare or know a cheap hotel In New york city please let me know
thmbup.gif

And then again it would be great to have a shopping buddy also when we are there!!
Hope too hear some
hugs

Beauty Mark

I would be highly suspicious of staying with a stranger. No offense, but it's potentially dangerous for both parties.

Look into hostels. Just type in google "Hostels- NYC." They aren't glamorous but are safe and cheap

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I would be highly suspicious of staying with a stranger. No offense, but it's potentially dangerous for both parties.

Look into hostels. Just type in google "Hostels- NYC." They aren't glamorous but are safe and cheap

lol yah, then you can stay with a whole room full of strangers!

I think you have to regester to use Hostels too. I'm pretty sure we had to in order to be eligible to use them when I traveled Europe.

But yeh, there a pretty good way to travel cheap, if you don't mind prison style rooms (empty but bunk beds), public showers/batherooms, and sharing rooms with other people.

majacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae

I think you have to regester to use Hostels too. I'm pretty sure we had to in order to be eligible to use them when I traveled Europe.

But yeh, there a pretty good way to travel cheap, if you don't mind prison style rooms (empty but bunk beds), public showers/batherooms, and sharing rooms with other people.

yearh im not a hostel person.. i was kinda thinking more of a hotel in the cheap end but still ok living standarts :-D
sometimes you can be lucky that someone knows that little special place.. would be great with some insider tips :-D

Beauty Mark

Quote:

When I stayed in a hostel in NYC (don't remember the name), it was a bunk bed situation with only one bunk bed. I had the room to myself. It was fine situation. The place wasn't glamorous but it was clean and provided a place for me to sleep.

Another cheap alternative is the YMCA or YWCA. You can get private rooms but the showers are communal. They were also clean.

If you want reviews of places, try www.yelp.com. I think they might have reviews of hostels up.

majacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Another cheap alternative is the YMCA or YWCA. You can get private rooms but the showers are communal. They were also clean.

If you want reviews of places, try www.yelp.com. I think they might have reviews of hostels up.

thx soo much

ben

you could also try looking for accommodation on craigslist.org, there are ads for: temp/sublet & vacation rentals. You can also put an add in the housing wanted section.

majacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaXglamlove
The pod hotel is super cheap and really hip. You don't have a bathroom in your room, I don't know if that will be a problem or not.

that wouldn't be a problem at all... do you have a link on it?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by majacat
that wouldn't be a problem at all... do you have a link on it?

She linked it in her post. The words "The pod hotel" is a hyperlink.

Here is the link for your reference.
http://www.thepodhotel.com/

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaXglamlove
The pod hotel is super cheap and really hip. You don't have a bathroom in your room, I don't know if that will be a problem or not.

I like the hotel. It looks really chic and modern but I wouldn't say it's super cheap. LOL.