Somebody gave me a job...

benzito_714

and it just happened to be MAC.
I really wasn't expecting it because I was starting a new internship (which fell through) and went on the MAC interview for shits and giggles.
1st interview-Pentagon City with Homa. Since there are already so many stories on here about her I will keep it brief. It was about 15 minutes and I made sure to emphasize customer service, retail experience, cleanliness, teamwork, and the ability to grow. We did talk about make-up artistry but I think what stands out in this first interview is your ability to see past playing in the make-up and really being a team player.

2nd and 3rd interview-Annapolis Mall with FT artist and Scott-MRO
My scenario was to do a natural face. Thirty minutes is really a long time and the demo was much easier than I thought. I got into make-up as a hobby so I haven't painted many faces-in fact I haven't painted any faces besides my own. After this demo I was complimented on my color choices and product knowledge and was asked 'what would I correct?' The artist didn't make me correct it but took note that I acknowledged it.
Interview with Scott we talked about expectations of an artist, availability, history of MAC, why do i want to work for MAC, what drew me to MAC as a customer, my comfort wearing different looks, retail and customer service. This was a very relaxed interview but it was hard-hitting and to the point.

4th and 5th interview-Annapolis Mall with Nordstrom's. This was the basic interview-Strengths/Weaknesses, goals, ability to adapt to Nordstrom's culture, etc.

My process took about 2 1/2 months because of the holiday season.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzito_714
My scenario was to do a natural face. Thirty minutes is really a long time and the demo was much easier than I thought. .

Welcome to the family! Let us know how you get on...

Thirty minutes seems like a long time when you are being examined and also not having to explain every move you make and every product you use... but it'll fly by when youre doing demos and applications!

th_DANCE.gif

shyste

Congrats
th_DANCE.gif
..they are opening a new Sephora here & I have been thinking about applying for a pt gig...

tkh777

I am so excited for you!
I would love to work part time at any CC but am too busy with school and work.
ssad.gif

SolarWhite

Wow, is that the normal process? 5 interviews!? That seems nuts to me!!
But good luck!! Sounds like fun!!