sometimes havinga big kitchen sucks.

*Luna*

But just think about how gorgeous it will be when you are finished! What are your plans for it?

Shimmer

The walls are going to be painted the color of a ripe lime...the cabinets and wainscoting will be painted about the color of Gold Dusk pigment, maybe a bit lighter, and the crown moulding is going to be chili pepper red. We're going to put light fixtures in with red globes and do red plates and accents in the kitchen.

I'm totally excited, it's just a LOT of work.

Shimmer

oh and it was a GREAT feast. It was Memorial Day and I think we cooked probably 50 lbs of meat.
greengrin.gif

*Luna*

That sounds awesome! I love all the bold rooms in your home so far! =) speaking of... I never saw the last room you painted when it was finished! ::runs off to find post::

Shimmer

ahhh thank you.
smiles.gif
So far, most people have looked at me rather askance when I've told them what I'm going to do. :/

THEY DON'T SHARE MY VISION DAMMIT!

*Luna*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
ahhh thank you.
smiles.gif
So far, most people have looked at me rather askance when I've told them what I'm going to do. :/

THEY DON'T SHARE MY VISION DAMMIT!

HA! So true. I can understand where they are coming from but I like my colors BOLD too =) I can't wait to see!

XsMom21

I would have to agree with the WOW! This is going to look awesome when you're done. Have you given any thought to a backsplash for your counters. I've done two kitchens, and I have to recommend some kind of backsplash because if you don't, the walls will show icky stuff in no time. Give me a holler if you want to talk about it. I'm a DIY nutcase and have done about everything you can imagine.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Right now the backsplash is the same formica the counters are. we're discussing replacing all of that.
Yeah, it's VERY wow.

Shimmer

I am too, now that it's up on more of the walls and stuff. I found some before pics of the kitchen.

Stuff we've done and changed about the house in the past two years...

old back yard:

New Back yard:

kimmy

my bedroom is almost that same green! it's gonna look hot when it's finished, i already know...i can't wait to see it, so you better plan on posting pictures lady.
winks.gif

XsMom21

Oh how I wished you lived near me! I'm always looking for friends who share my love of renovation and decoration, but alas they are all against gettin even a hint of paint near their precious skin. BLEH.

I love the backyard and your pool is just so gorgeous!

Shimmer

I'd probably lose my patience with people/situaitons like that, tbh.
smiles.gif

It's been fun, interesting, and a lot of work. I am sleeping better at night after all the work!

I'm so not done with the back yard, not yet. Where those stupid green bushes and the big rose bush is I'm going to have them removed and put in potted bouganvilla and mandevilla with lattice trellisses there to make it climb. Hanging baskets along the soffets of the house with potted hibiscus and mandevilla and vinca in the planter along the back of the house on the left side of the pool. All the planters are going to bed red.
smiles.gif
All that ugly asian jasmine is going bye bye.
smiles.gif