spf makes my face sting!

Alexa

okay well, some of you may remember when i posted about bare minerals making my face sting. i've finally figured out that it's the SPF that's causing it. i sweat a lot because of a thyroid problem and if i have anything with SPF on my skin, it starts stinging/burning so bad that it seriously feels like my skin is burning off.

i dont know what to do. obviously it's important to wear SPF but what if i'm allergic to it!?!? this is driving me insane. i can't even wearing foundation with SPF in it because of this. *sighs* i always use a primer under my face stuff and that doesn't help either.

sorry but this has been bugging me for the past couple of months -.- stupid allergies.

martygreene

I'm allergic to many sun protection agents, however find that shiseido's sun protection products do not cause me any problems. Perhaps give their stuff a try?

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
I'm allergic to many sun protection agents, however find that shiseido's sun protection products do not cause me any problems. Perhaps give their stuff a try?

ohh i will! thanks so much!

Shawna

I'll have to try that too. I am allergic to titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. I can't even use baby sunscreen. I break out in hives right away. Probably why I am so stinking pale
rofl.gif

mspixieears

How are you with pure vitamin E cream?

It is supposed to be a natural sun protector though I don't think I'd rely on it alone out in Australia (sun is soooo harsh, even brownies like me burn).

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
How are you with pure vitamin E cream?

It is supposed to be a natural sun protector though I don't think I'd rely on it alone out in Australia (sun is soooo harsh, even brownies like me burn).

i use pure vitamin E oil when i have dry patches on my skin and i'm fine. i'll definitely look into this as well, thank you!