Sports thread...

Shimmer

Just random sports discussion. I doubt we're all active enough to ever use a sports forum, so what the hell. Here's our sports thread.

Jason Whitten is a god today.

*Stargazer*

Like mentioned previously, I'd like to birth pretty babies with him.

I am a sports nut. Love football (college and pro), hockey and college basketball.

Shimmer

I've never actually watched hockey, and the sound of a basketball bouncing makes my head throb, but oh my LORD when I see old school Roy Williams hits or watch Marion Barber run....

oh. My.

Yes please. I'll take it, with a beer and some nachos.

I like rodeo, live...not televised. There's actually a fair amount of skill that goes into it.
smiles.gif

*Stargazer*

You should totally try to take in a Stars game. For the longest time, I was going to make pretty babies with Mike Modano. Yummmm.

My great sports love is definitely football. I will watch just about any televised football I can find from high school to DivII (or whatever they call it now) college ball to the NFL.

*Stargazer*

I watched Carroll on ESPN this year. There is NOTHING more fun than high school football in Texas.

A big part of the reason that I'm hoping DH gets out in four years is that I would really like my kids to grow up and be able to experience high school in Texas.

Shimmer

Those parents at SC are inSANE. The cheerleaders and their moms are insane, the players are insane, it's just a SUPER duper competitive school. Unreal.

I'd love my boys to play for them, but yeah. That district is a bit (A LOT) above the financial means at the moment. Crazy school.

Then again, the district we're in has a super competitive HS as well, it's just not as good as Southlake, especially for sports.

*Stargazer*

We're thinking of moving back to Plano or to the Frisco or McKinney area. Partly for academics but also for the sports opportunities.

Shimmer

Plano/Frisco are both just SWELLING with people and really becoming good places to be for both academics and sports.
You know what's becoming HUGE here? Freaking rock climbing/bouldering competitively. There are 5 gyms in the area I can think of off the bat, and all of them have nationally ranked competitors on the teams. It's not so much for adults, but for the tween/teen set, it's becoming HUGE. And $$$$$. The comps aren't intramural, so they pay.

NutMeg

I love hockey. I'm a Canadian, the love is in my blood.
lol.gif
I tend to not enjoy other sports if they're televised, but the excitement of a live game gets me every time, regardless of what sport. That being said, I haven't given other sports enough of a chance to pass judgment. I hate it when someone bashes a sport that they don't watch... Don't knock it if you've never seen it!

omg banana

The only sport I watch on TV is college basketball. I'm completely obsessed with Duke, it isn't healthy.

I played soccer for about 10 years until I graduated high school, and I ride horses. I've been doing that since elementary school.

Shimmer

I know. Husband says it won't make much of a difference, and he may be right, but I'd like to think it would be a huge difference.

Beauty Mark

I like the Red Sox, but that's because I lived in MA for so long.

I like football, and I prefer the Eagles, mainly because their former manager co-founded the Ronald McDonald houses