Starting salary at MAC?

Lapis

I don't work for MAC but I've been encouraged to apply, and I was given the impression it is above min wage, but they are not allowed to say exactly how much

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
I don't work for MAC but I've been encouraged to apply, and I was given the impression it is above min wage, but they are not allowed to say exactly how much

Understandable! I just figured retail is retail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for someone who works for MAC to come out and tell me exactly how much they make.

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll.face
Do you have to work at a counter before you work at a store?

Yes, I was told by the Regional Manager of Operations that you have to work at a counter before you can work in a Mac store and you have to work at a Mac store for at least a year before you can work at a Mac pro store

Chrystia

I don't know if that rule applies to everywhere. I went straight from freelance team to a MAC store. I had not ever worked a counter other than a few times freelancing before being permanent at the store.

Giddylondon

I have an interview for mac next week..have no idea how to put together a portfolio? help ladies
winks.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddylondon
I have an interview for mac next week..have no idea how to put together a portfolio? help ladies
winks.gif

this is the wrong thread for what you are looking for. make sure you do a search for the right thread before posting in the wrong one.

raphdiaz

i live in new orleans....and the starting pay i got for freelancing was $14 per hour.but if you are permanent you get paid more.also this was 2 years ago.so it maybe more.and louisiana doesn't pay well.

a co worker told me when he left louisiana and went to ny he got $30.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
this is the wrong thread for what you are looking for. make sure you do a search for the right thread before posting in the wrong one.

wow !

TISH1124

^^ I understand that...but new members that have just arrived just need a little asistance sometimes.

Tiki_Goddess

Quote:
Does anyone know if the same rule applies in Canada?

?

I don't believe so. I have had 2 interviews with Mac and am waiting to see if i get a call back for the demo. It's at a MAC store. Not sure if it will be seasonal or part-time-permanent.