Straighten your hair without the damage

Lerina

Here's what my mom does:

She uses a velcro roller at the top of the head in order to make it easier to wrap the rest of the hair around your head. So, roll some hair up (velcro roller) as a base. You'll end up sleeping with that. Then, you wrap your hair around your head, clipping it with bobby pins as you go along. It should resemble a beehive, when you're done. Then, you put a bandana over and sleep.

CantAffordMAC

I've heard about wrapping the hair for years now, but I can't do it myself. We never really learned it in school, because its not required for state boards. Some girls knew how to do it in my class, and I almost got it done before, but I didn't.
I've tried on myself a couple times but its too hard for me to do. maybe some more practice would help

MiCHiE

Wet set wrapping is the devil. I'm sitting under the dryer now with my big rollers so I can do a "dry" wrap.

user79

Hm, interesting idea, but seems very time consuming. Who has that kind of time to wait for it to dry? I can't sleep in rollers at night, so it's just easier and faster for me to blowdry my hair if I want to wear it straight. My hair is long, so if I put it back to dry and sleep in it, it might still be damp in the morning.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
You could always blowdry or flatiron it and then wrapp it around your head.

I think the point of it though is to not use any heat and still get it straight. Why would you wrap it around the head if you've already blowdried it?
hmm.gif

MiCHiE

Because then it remains straight after you sleep on it. I thought that was the point, also
th_dunno.gif

Lerina

It should be done on dry hair. My sister lets her hair dry naturally, then goes through the process and sleeps with it after.