Strobe Cream applied over powder blush?

sacana

Hi there,

I wonder if I can use Strobe Cream as a highlighter at my cheek bones over powder blush? On Friday, we have our office christmas party, starting directly after work. I would like to add a bit of glow to my "day face" without too much effort and carrying my brushes around, so I think about dabbing a bit of Strobe Cream at my cheek bones....but I am not sure if this will work?

Thanks a lot!

S.

bartp

Unless you use cream based foundation and blush, it might be tricky to put strobe cream on top of your makeup.
Strobe cream has a high water content, and on powdery foundation and blush, it's going to act as a makeup-remover rather than a highlighter.

In those kinds of situation I usually aplly some powder (just to even out the complexion and to avoid that any makeup that is re-applied sticks in the oily areas).

Then I use eyeshadow as a highlighter on the cheeks. "Vapour" is an eyeshadow that isn't frosty and gives a lavender-pinkish glow. Because it's so fine, you don't really need a brush to apply it to your cheekbones.

have fun at the party!

sacana

Thank you so much for your help - that sounds like a good advice! I somehow had the feeling that it would not really work with strobe cream...I will try eye shadow instead!
yes.gif

bartp

I tried it this weekend, so I can guarantee that you won't look like you were kissing christmas decoration . Take care, bye