studio gear

mel0622

has anyone used this product line before? i saw it at ulta today and wanted to know if it was good er not.

user3

I've only tested the line once but I really wanted to buy some of the squeeze tube gloss.

1dmbfan

I started using studio gear before mac. I really like the shadow primer. They have e/s like pigments (star dust) that have really nice color payoff - my favorites are caribbean sea and midnight. They also have a really nice satin e/s - it is purple, Freesia, very nice color!

I do believe they run about the same price as mac for the e/s.

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dmbfan
I started using studio gear before mac. I really like the shadow primer. They have e/s like pigments (star dust) that have really nice color payoff - my favorites are caribbean sea and midnight. They also have a really nice satin e/s - it is purple, Freesia, very nice color!

I do believe they run about the same price as mac for the e/s.

thanks for the info.! i'll def. try some out on my next ulta outing.

RetroPinup

I am curious too! It seems to have a lot of colors to choose from. I want to know what a counter looks like at a Macy's Dillards??

BadBadGirl

Two year sago I went into Ulta looking forthe blackest eyeliner they had in the store. The saleslady led me over to the Studio Gear section and picked up the gel liner. I was already telling myself in my head I wasn't interested, especially since I hadn't heard of the brand before- then she swatched the liner on me and I was sold.

I STILL have that liner today, and I haven't bought a gel liner since. It is almost finished, and it hasn't dried out at all! I may try Stila's gel liners out of curiousity, but I am sold on Studio Gear. I have not gotten a chance to try any of their other products though.

sheaspearl83

#34 eye brush is the best for applying undereye cream and also a 2nd one for blending; ultra-soft and very full. I like mine better than my MAC 223 or 224.

Ingenue

I STILL have that liner today, and I haven't bought a gel liner since. It is almost finished, and it hasn't dried out at all! I may try Stila's gel liners out of curiousity, but I am sold on Studio Gear. I have not gotten a chance to try any of their other products though.
Good to know! My Shu Uemura is just about done, so I'll need a new gel liner STAT. I have a couple of their loose shimmer shadows, but that's it. I had no idea they had a good eyeliner. Thanks for the info!

XxMoOmOoxX

The 3rd brush from the left is the Studio Gear #13 brush.

The bristles of the Studio Gear #13 brush feel teddy bear soft and it's unfortunate that most people haven't even heard of the brand. Their brushes are definitely high quality and are well worth the investment. The bristles are even softer than Mac brushes! Actually, the Studio Gear #13 is one of the softest brushes that I own.