styling advice

lover*

I'm happy with my hair, I just need to learn to work with it. I was hoping if there are any ladies out there with a similar hair type, if they could help me out? <3

My hair is thick, and goes to about the top of my boob. I have some long layers, and a strong body wave.

The problem I'm having is styling it.
ssad.gif
There is no way I would have time to shower in the morning, so thats out. When I just let my hair air dry and brush it out, it gets frizzy. When I go to bed with it damp it turns out less frizzy, but looks really messy. Usually what I end up doing is going to bed after putting my damp hair in a low bun, (I cant get it very high!!), and taking it out in the morning. This leaves the bottom of my hair with a nice frizzless wave, but the top of my hair looks plastered to my head!

It also looks good when I straighten it, but that wouldn't be my favorite thing to do every night.

Sorry for the ramble and the pickiness..thanks for any help you can give me!!
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

have you tried blowdrying the top before you go to bed and then brading the bottom? like separate braids for more volume and waves... my hair is more on the curly side but this is something i do... i add some cream product... i use biolage... lightly... i blow dry the top til its shiney =)... i braid my hair into two braids go to sleep with semi damp hair... and wake up to a pretty smooth top and wavey hair at the bottom... in the morning i just unbraid and shake my head upside down then add a little biosilk over it for shine and smoothness

Glamgirlie

I have the same type of hair and i just straighten it and its got to the point where it's annoying having to straighten it all the time not to mention what its doing to my hair!

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireatwill
Straight hair is very easy to work with so I advice to straighten it before you style.

I find curly hair better to work with, but its all a matter of opinion. I straighten my hair everyday because its winter and leaving it curly is too much of a hassel.

I find with curly hair the options are endless. You have to play around and see what you like.