Sunny's Progress (weeks 2-1/2) :)

SparklingWaves

His strength has doubled. I kid you not. His bark has gotten deeper and louder than any of my dogs. (My neighbor has complained). I guess it's his breed. ??? He finally starting picking up toys. I teared to see it. For a week, he did nothing with toys.

I am working with him a lot with basic obedience and walking on a leash. He is a very big pup. His nose comes up to my doorknob. To think, he is still growing. Whoa! He is going to be a big boy. I love it.
smiles.gif

Physical changes: His nose and gums have darkened. I think he was anemic. His face and body are continuing to fill out. He has a long way to go in that department, but he is making improvements. His face & body are looking more like a Lab all the time. It just goes to show that whatever happened to him to cause him to get into the state of severe starvation --didn't happen overnight. Just like the vet stated, it took a while to get him in such a poor state of health.

He is actually calming down. He gets a lot of exercise with my black dog that is 1/2 Border Collie. My black dog never stops and they get along great.

Note: Don't forget. You can click on the pictures to enlarge.

lilifee

thmbup.gif

Wow - he looks so much better allready, i am so glad for him and u as well
Seems that he found a good friend in your black dog, he will learn a lot from him.
I am sure he is very happy allready to have a family, the rest of the weight gain will come in time.

greetings from adog and cat lover / owner in Germany
yahoo.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilifee
thmbup.gif

Wow - he looks so much better allready, i am so glad for him and u as well
Seems that he found a good friend in your black dog, he will learn a lot from him.
I am sure he is very happy allready to have a family, the rest of the weight gain will come in time.

greetings from adog and cat lover / owner in Germany
yahoo.gif

You are so right. Sunny looks up to my black dog and copies him. I put my heart into my black dog. He even says many words. He is the perfect companion for him.

Babylard

Sunny looks like he is enjoying life again and I am glad he is social with your other dogs. He looks very happy, thanks for the update.

k.a.t

Where are his origial pictures? I'd like to know what happened...

He looks very happy in the pictures above though, such a handsome boy ^__^ I love dogs.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Where are his origial pictures? I'd like to know what happened...

He looks very happy in the pictures above though, such a handsome boy ^__^ I love dogs.

They are under Deep Thoughts - I hope to save Sunny. I am sorry. I should have posted that.