Techie question - rollover (html) image code

Sound Of Vision

Is anyone of your web designer or just internet/computer savvy?

I'm learning HTML, CSS etc stuff, and right now I have a problem with something and can't figure it out. I need it for my friend who is an artist and wants to put some of her art that way on her blog/web page.

I need to make rollover image - that effect when your mouse is off the picture and you see one thing and when you hover with your mouse on the pic you see another picture.

I tried Javascript with MS FrontPage and I made it but I couldn't get the code!
Then I tried some online generators which didn't work either.
th_dunno.gif

Can anyone here help?

TIA!

CaraAmericana

The first code goes beween the <body></body> tags
the second code can be placed anywhere after the first code

And it is in the second code that you edit the picture links

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
The first code goes beween the <body></body> tags
the second code can be placed anywhere after the first code

And it is in the second code that you edit the picture links

I tried it that way
<body>
first code
</body>
second code with links to pictures added

th_dunno.gif

gigglegirl

Sorry I can't help you with the above posted code, I don't know. But maybe this will help?

HTML rollover code

The above link is simpler for me, it was how I used to write my HTML code back in the day.

Good luck!

This one is from the same site, and gives an example on how the code should look for several on one page (which is what I had done when making my menu)
Multiple rollovers on one page

EDIT: Also watch where your pictures are and if you're directing them properly in your code. Are the pictures showing up at all? How is the page looking?

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Sorry I can't help you with the above posted code, I don't know. But maybe this will help?

HTML rollover code

The above link is simpler for me, it was how I used to write my HTML code back in the day.

Good luck!

This one is from the same site, and gives an example on how the code should look for several on one page (which is what I had done when making my menu)
Multiple rollovers on one page

EDIT: Also watch where your pictures are and if you're directing them properly in your code. Are the pictures showing up at all? How is the page looking?

*le sigh* Ok, If I give you the links on photobucket where the pics are, could you make it for me? And then give me the code so I can see it?
I feel pretty dumb now...
thmbdn.gif

This is rollout: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...low-muggle.gif

This is rollover:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...omScribble.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Of Vision
I tried it that way
<body>
first code
</body>
second code with links to pictures added

th_dunno.gif

The body is the whole content of that web page.

you should have
<body>
first code
content (text/whatever)
second code (for image)
content etc
more content... whatever you want on the page
</body> -----> this close tag comes after all your content for the page is entered.

edit - someone can only do it for you to create an empty page with just the rollover image. there'd be no other content on there as we don't know what else you want in it.