The NC50 Thread

littlemissk

How are you two ladies using / planning to use the CoverFX drops? To color correct or mixed with moisturizer, etc to make a custom foundation?
I haven't got them yet, but the girl at sephora just mixed it with a moisturizer and depending on the drops you put in can give you a sheer to full coverage foundation.

NYCBeautyJunkie

How are you two ladies using / planning to use the CoverFX drops? To color correct or mixed with moisturizer, etc to make a custom foundation?
I have several shades to create a custom foundation and color correct current ones (n90 should be my ideal shade though, so no more mixing to make a custom shade). I've mixed it with my usual sunscreen, with liquid illuminators, with MAC's Oil control lotion, with Cover FX's Illuminating Primer, etc. All great!

sagehen

OK, so today, I mixed my ELDW in 6W1 Rich Ginger with ONE DROP of the CG Queen 3-in-1 in Warm Caramel, stippled it on, set with EL Double Matter powder in medium Deep and BAM, matte but not powdery, very nice skin.

Goat Goat Etc.

Hello Everyone,

I have a strong yellow undertone in my skin. I wanted to share the foundations that I love:

Nars Macao (Fav)
Black Opal in Nutmeg (Summer)
Black Opal in Truly Topaz (Winter)
MAC Studio Sculpt in NC55 (NC50 is too red for me)

I want to try Maybelline FIt Me in 350-355 but as I was reading this thread I see mixed reviews. I also want to Try Covergirl All Day Flawless in Golden Honey. I'm liking the yellow in the foundation so I will be trying that as well. Also, I am going to be trying the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Café as well. The only thing about trying out a lot of products is that my skin is acne prone and it scares me. What are your recommendations in products for someone like me who has a lot of yellow in there skin? I want to try a lot of drugstore foundations because the NARS products are killing my pockets (lol).

Whats some of your fav drug store foundations and powders? P.S. Revlon Colorstay in Carmel did not work for me.
Thank you so much for mentioning what you use from Black Opal! I have recently found a WM near me that carries it and it's been something else having to find my equivalent shade. I was trying out the new True Color liquid foundations in Hazelnut and Beautiful Bronze and they were Jaundice Yellow on me. Then I decided to dip into the sticks and Nutmeg is pretty spot on. I swatched Beautiful Bronze and Hazelnut and weirdly BB was hella red and Hazelnut was a tinge red but still worked for a warm look on my face.

I use Studio Sculpt too but have never looked at NC55 and NC50 side by side. I will have too if you say NC50 is red.

Goat Goat Etc.

Has anyone had great luck with color matching themselves to the Black Opal True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation of CK One color 3 in 1 foundation?

I was able to pump myself a sample of CK's foundation in Toffee or Cappuccino at Ulta and it seemed to fit, the only problem is that Ulta cannot get one bottle of the darker shades shipped in without it being nearly expired.

Tried BO TCPP Foundation in Hazelnut and Beautiful Bronze and both were yellow mask disasters. However I have heard of people having to go 1 or 2 shades up from their usual color.

K_ashanti

Has anyone had great luck with color matching themselves to the Black Opal True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation of CK One  color 3 in 1 foundation? I was able to pump myself a sample of CK's foundation in Toffee or Cappuccino at Ulta and it seemed to fit, the only problem is that Ulta cannot get one bottle of the darker shades shipped in without it being nearly expired. Tried BO TCPP Foundation in Hazelnut and Beautiful Bronze and both were yellow mask disasters. However I have heard of people having to go 1 or 2 shades up from their usual color.
I have it in hazelnut but I don'the like it the color is off

sagehen

Have any ladies in this thread tried the new MUFE Mat Velvet shades? New-ish...I see a few months ago they came out with some in between shades and I am looking at No. 77 (Golden Pecan) and No. 57 (Pecan). Has anyone tried these shades? Thoughts?

jaymuse

Have any ladies in this thread tried the new MUFE Mat Velvet shades? New-ish...I see a few months ago they came out with some in between shades and I am looking at No. 77 (Golden Pecan) and No. 57 (Pecan). Has anyone tried these shades? Thoughts?
I don't have it but I would love to hear your thoughts if you do purchase

K_ashanti

I just saw this! This is new right? Definitely got give it a try I love HD 177 color wise so I hope it is similar

CRIMSONDIVA82

I was just coming to ask this question I have a sample of 75 which I like but I'm wanting to try 77, I didn't notice 57...I was taking pics with my phone using the flash cuz you know that flash will tell the truth lol

sagehen

I tried 70 it was a no go
See, 70 was the first shade recommended to me, and it was awful. Even the MUFE artist immediately shook his head and took it off. I just gave up on it until I saw the shade extensions. I think you might like 77. I think I am a teensy bit darker than you are, which is why I am gravitating toward 57. Let us know what you think when you try. I think I will use my 57 tomorrow. I got a sample. I will report back as well. eta next day: I got in a hurry this morning and didn't grab the MUFE. Wore my usual ELDW. Getting to the MUFE soon.