The Powder Group - Make Up Show NYC 2008

Ciara

Just wondering if anyone from Specktra is planning on attending this year.
I wanted to go last year but I had to work. I am hoping to go this year...it looks like alot of fun. Maybe we can plan a lunch or something.

Here's the info:

The Makeup Show New York is a pro-only trade event open to anyone involved with the makeup artist industry. Makeup artists, retail artists, aestheticians, hairstylists, fashion stylists, agents and bookers and of course students of makeup, hair or aesthetics are invited to attend. Proof of profession or student status is required.
Admission to The Makeup Show New York includes all seminars and lectures, full access to the show floor and in-out privileges. Entry to The Makeup Show New York also allows participants access to great hands-on workshops. These hands-on workshops are only available to attendees of the show and are at an additional fee. Schedule will be posted in Spring 2007.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Advanced tickets are guaranteed admission. Tickets are on sale now, to buy tickets please click here
2008 The Makeup Show New York Rates

Show hours 9:00am – 6:00pmAdvance Tickets
One Day Ticket $40
Two Day Ticket $65At the Door – If Available
One Day Ticket $55 - Tax is not included
Two Day Ticket $85 - Tax is not included

For further info ... check out their site:

The MakeUp Show, Makeup artists, beauty and fashion, film and television, theater and FX, students, salon and retail makeup artists

Krasevayadancer

I really really want to go! Can i get in with a modeling resume or if a fellow specktraette purchases a ticket for me as a guest? Ladies, please let me know!

Ciara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I really really want to go! Can i get in with a modeling resume or if a fellow specktraette purchases a ticket for me as a guest? Ladies, please let me know!

I checked out the FAQ page and found this:

Q: Who should attend The Makeup Show New York?
A: Anyone in the business of makeup! Makeup artists from every area of the industry, beauty and fashion, film and television, theater and FX, students, salon and retail makeup artists. Retailers from large and small business, salons and spas as well as beauty, fashion and trade press. The wide range of attendees are all professionals in the beauty industry and attend to discover new products, new companies, network, create new relationships and experience the makeup community like never before.

and

Q: What proof of profession is required to enter the event?
A: As the show is a pro-only event, proof that you are a part of the makeup or beauty community will be required to enter the show. This proof may include a license, union card, business card, comp card, tear sheet with name credit, student identification (from beauty/hair/makeup school), letter of employment or from school. As well, The Powder Group will send an advance email to our list that will be able to be printed out and brought to the show as proof of working in the industry. Photo identification will also be required for advance ticket pickup.

Maybe you can get in with your resume. Try emailing them.
It doesnt mention anything about guests. And proof is required at the entrance.

Maybe if anyone who went last year can shed some light on this..
th_dunno.gif

Ciara

Also if we can get a nice group together we can get a group discount.

Q: Is there a group rate?
A: Yes, please contact [email protected] for more information on groups of ten people or larger.

Krasevayadancer

Ciara, thank you doll. Perhaps I can put together a letter of reference and business card for the freelance work that I do. Group discount would be awesome too!!

pixichik77

I want to go, but I am working an opera then. I AM trying to get to the IMATS... I want to compete in the Beauty makeup competition.

Kaycee37

Hello,
I went to the show on Sunday! (yesterday) and it was wonderful! I stocked up on brushes and items that help you out when your doing applications!
Great cheap prices! But also found many foundations for High Def! That was my purpose for going!

Ciara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaycee37
Hello,
I went to the show on Sunday! (yesterday) and it was wonderful! I stocked up on brushes and items that help you out when your doing applications!
Great cheap prices! But also found many foundations for High Def! That was my purpose for going!

So you went to the one in Miami?!?!?

Did you take any of the classes?

Kaycee37

Yes the show in Miami! No I decided against taking classes this round...
I decided to shop for various HD foundations to offer my television clients

CantAffordMAC

I went to the hair show in NY in 2006 and 2007...this is what we're talking about right?

I'm going this year of course. I've seen MAC there before but at the time I wasn't really into mac. Most of the products there are discounted and cheaper to the pros, but I don't know if MAC was (they had a very limited amount of stuff, and a teeny tiny stand)

Ciara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I went to the hair show in NY in 2006 and 2007...this is what we're talking about right?

I'm going this year of course. I've seen MAC there before but at the time I wasn't really into mac. Most of the products there are discounted and cheaper to the pros, but I don't know if MAC was (they had a very limited amount of stuff, and a teeny tiny stand)

I dont think this is the same as the Hair Show in NYC. I think this is strictly just a make up show. I could be wrong though. This would be my first time going.

Ciara

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I really want to attend this, this year.

You should come!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Ciara

Im thinking we can meet in the city prior to the show and go in together.
I guess as we get closer to the date, we can put together all the details.
Im open to any suggestions.