The truth about SE brushes vs Fullsize / making foundation look airbrushed.

Almond_Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahbear1123
I've never bought any of the holiday brush sets before, but I decided I would this time around because I wanted some backups of brushes I already had but thought this might be a cheaper alternative than getting secnds of the fullsized. I picked up the Do-the-Trick set today and I'm so disappointed in them! I didn't expect them to be equal quality by any means but the SE ones feel awful. The 187 is the one I'm only somewhat pleased with. I think I'm going to bringing them back as I can think of lots of other things to do with my $58 at MAC.

I've never really felt the need to return anything to MAC though, are they usually somewhat understanding about these things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetestTreat
I only have a SE of the 187, but I've been thinking about getting a full size. I'm guessing from the comments here, it would probably be a good investment.

Yeah... I was going to get the Do-the-Trick holiday brush bag with the 187SE, but when I went to the MAC store and touched the bristles on the display, it just wasn't the same quality as the full-size brush. The bristles on the 187SE were noticeably "plastic" feeling whereas the 187 felt really soft and natural.

lenchen

^^
my cousin returned the do the trick brush set. She siad that the shedding was way to much for her to handle..

pandamachine

That's shocking that she'd say they're handmade, because they (LE Brushes) are 100% machine made 100% of the time. I mean someone who never buys makeup brushes or doesn't even care about makeup brushes could even tell you, if you placed any LE Brush and Full Size MAC Brush together, that they look, feel, etc. completely different. In no way are they the same. If you want to get small, cheap(er?), travel sized brushes - go to your local Drug Store and get some - because honestly, the quality of those and the LE Mac brushes are the same.

WinterBeats

Woah, the Holiday brush sets ARE not full size quality. Although they are still viable brushes and I use them in my kit. The 217, 190 and the 239's are all great. The dual fibers do take a hit in the quality department though. Get a full size 188, I have around five of those, they are such a great utility brush, you can do everything with that brush.

Latest posts