To all of you with your Schnoz pierced...

thestarsfall

I have had my nostril pierced for about a year now (I got it in Oct of last year)...and it has been alright except for the bump occasionally, or the time I pulled it out in my sleep with a crocheted blanket and spent the rest of the night (4 hours or so) trying to get it back in and finally giving up and going to sleep and then trying again the next day...

...or the time I like rubbed my nose super hard in my sleep and made it bleed again...

anyway...
I feel that my jewelry (which is the original jewelry that I got from the piercer) sticks too far out from my nose, it kinda looks like it is just a ball that someone glued onto my skin rather than an actual piercing...

now I haven't had much luck on the piercing site when I inquired about types of jewelry....so I'll try here...

Is there a type of jewelry that will still have a jewel on it (mine is CZ) but will lay flatter? If so, what would this be called? I prefer nose screws rather than bones so...

Thanks in advance

spectrolite

Eeek reading your post brought back a painful memory of when I first got my nosed peirced, forgot it was there that same day (duhhh!), and went to dry my face after a shower and one of the loops in my towel got caught around the stud and well.... Owwwww!
ssad.gif

Anyways, I think you are after one that sits "flush" or flat against your nostril. I think if you do a search online or call around to your local body jewellery supplier and explain to them that you want a jewel that sits flat that they should know what you mean. HTH!

Beauty Mark

Get the screw bent to fit your nose specifically. A body piercer should be able to do that. A screw should do that, but it varies so much on size, make, etc.

I currently wear a CBR, and it's so much more comfortable than a screw.

CantAffordMAC

I have a question...

after you take the nose ring out (temporarily or permanently), will you have that tiny hole in your nose forever?

I want to get my nose pierced but if for whatever reason I want to take it out at some point, I dont want to be left with a hole in my nose forever.

Raerae

It'll close up eventually. You might have a tiny dimple where your piercing was (like if you take your ear piercing out, and there is that little dimple on your earlobe.) But it shouldn't be overly noticible.

Beauty Mark

It'll close and close quickly. I left my ring out for a few hours and it already was tighter from not having it in.

It looks like maybe a freckle. It's only really noticeable if you know what you're looking for

Rushch6

For those who have there nose pierced, can you post pictures? I'm thinking about getting this done sooner than later. I work in a office, but it's a Indian base company and they are lax with the whole nose piercing.
smiles.gif

Marielle001

It depends on the setting of the gem. You could try a bevel gem, which will lay flatter than a "pronged" one. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of my piercing or the jewelry I mean. I always have my head tilted the other way, lol.

thestarsfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushch6
For those who have there nose pierced, can you post pictures? I'm thinking about getting this done sooner than later. I work in a office, but it's a Indian base company and they are lax with the whole nose piercing.
smiles.gif

IMG_3693.jpg

Here's mine...from this angle it looks nice but if I have my head tilted the other way then it looks kinda funny cuz I think it sticks out too much

faifai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushch6
smiles.gif

Sure, just look at any of my FOTDs! I've had mine for 4 years now and it's been lots of fun. Cleaning around the area is a pain in the butt, as my nose is prone to blackheads, but it's worth the small annoyance.

kaliraksha

I want one too! But I haven't even graduated and don't know where my field of work will take me. I think if you work for and Indian based company- they of all people will understand. They looks so dainty and pretty, I think.

thestarsfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
As far as facial piercing go, only the most conservative places really care about the nose piercing.

The only place I have ever seen where they made someone from my school cover her nose piercing was at the Disney Store...I guess they didn't want children getting awful ideas and rebelling
th_rolleye0014.gif
lmao.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
How do you guys pick your noses? lol

I constantly look like I am picking my nose cuz I'll be adjusting the inside part of my jewelry...

kimmy

i took my stud out because of my job, buuut i know how that getting it stuck on things in your sleep goes haha. oh, i loved waking up to having my stud ripped out of my face by my pillow.

mine laid really flat on my nose, it was uber cute (or at least, i think it was...i miss it lots. but that occassional bump you wrote about...i definately don't miss that haha!) i got it at a little body jewelry kiosk in a local mall. it was a fishbone stud though, i couldn't handle changing out screws. but i'd suggest trying to find a kiosk or going to a piercing shop and checking out their jewelry, and looking for a beveled stud.
winks.gif