Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

EllaS

Ok ladies here's what Stavros looks like on my skintone (I'm YSL BD-50 which I think is around a Mac NC30 or 40 but I don't wear Mac so I'm not sure on that)

Medgal07

I'm back Glammy! You're so sweet to ask! Sorry I dropped off the planet for a bit. Life. You know. Takes over sometimes.

Swatches are coming ladies. I got Henry, Stavros and Sebastian to start with. Here's a closeup. I'll hopefully have the swatch photos up by tonight.

They look really very pretty!!!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I got Jack and I don't like it. It's too creamy for my taste and it's too pink as well.
:/

I am impressed with the delivery, it just got delivered and I didn't pay for Saturday delivery or anything. lol

So here's Jack alone, then it's Jack next to my full size pussycat, and a lip swatch and hand swatch.

That's a shame that you don't like it :-/ I think it looks great on you.

Dolly Snow

For the cause (pic heavy): Packaging Stavros w/ flash Stavros w/o flash Stavros w/o flash Stavros w/ flash (NC47~ish) Liam w/o flash - my flash pics were too blurry :( Liam on top, Stavros on bottom (w/o flash) Liam (taken under the yellow-ish light of my desk lamp)
I got Jack and I don't like it. It's too creamy for my taste and it's too pink as well. :/ I am impressed with the delivery, it just got delivered and I didn't pay for Saturday delivery or anything.  lol So here's Jack alone, then it's Jack next to my full size pussycat, and a lip swatch and hand swatch.
I'm back Glammy! You're so sweet to ask! Sorry I dropped off the planet for a bit. Life. You know. Takes over sometimes.  Swatches are coming ladies. I got Henry, Stavros and Sebastian to start with. Here's a closeup. I'll hopefully have the swatch photos up by tonight.
Ok ladies here's what Stavros looks like on my skintone (I'm YSL BD-50 which I think is around a Mac NC30 or 40 but I don't wear Mac so I'm not sure on that)
:eyelove: these colors are lovely

EllaS

Stavros is a hottie. I don't think I could pull a shade like that off, though.
Thanks ladies! I agree Stavros is a unique shade and frankly I'm not sure how I'm going to pull it off either but I'm determined to do it one way or another! I sort of figured I'd have to mix it with another shade to make it more wearable but I'm fine with that.

EllaS

eyelove.gif
LOL I agree Dolly. I had my eye on Sebastian from the start. Let it be known though it really is metallic. I'm slumming it today and not wearing any makeup and I dabbed a little on and was like Whoa. Metallic lips and a bare face = not a good look. So I'll have to try it again tomorrow when I'm properly made up and report back :)

Dolly Snow

LOL I agree Dolly. I had my eye on Sebastian from the start. Let it be known though it really is metallic. I'm slumming it today and not wearing any makeup and I dabbed a little on and was like Whoa. Metallic lips and a bare face = not a good look. So I'll have to try it again tomorrow when I'm properly made up and report back :)
Lol it is a shocker sometimes. I do it to myself too. I get so excited to try on a lipstick and slap that baby on, bare face and all...and like WHOA lol
Really metallic, you say? Metallic or shimmery? Some companies claim metallic and you get a glitter-fest on the lips haha

Missyrocks

I got Jack and I don't like it. It's too creamy for my taste and it's too pink as well. :/ I am impressed with the delivery, it just got delivered and I didn't pay for Saturday delivery or anything.  lol So here's Jack alone, then it's Jack next to my full size pussycat, and a lip swatch and hand swatch.
Thanks for swatch. Color looks great on you.

laurennnxox

In the midst of all the swatches, and waiting my wednesday delivery... I miiiight have ran out to saks and picked up spanish pink. :haha: its beautiful!!

EllaS

Lol it is a shocker sometimes. I do it to myself too. I get so excited to try on a lipstick and slap that baby on, bare face and all...and like WHOA lol
Really metallic, you say? Metallic or shimmery? Some companies claim metallic and you get a glitter-fest on the lips haha
No this one is definitely metallic and not a glitter bomb thank goodness. I think that's what surprised me - truth in advertising in this case! It's a great formula and very unique so I don't want to put anyone off it. I just look dead today so it looked especially shocking when I dabbed it on. I'll try to do a lip swatch tomorrow.

I actually thought maybe this model was wearing Sebastian. http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-12398129/bazaarbr/photos/ig-857892058091809140_12398129

You can see the metallic finish. It could be Omar though. Not sure.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks very much for the pics, ladies! I'm really desperate to get a Stavros to call my own now. I've no idea if I could make it look good, but I'd just want to have an exotic option like this. It reminds me a little of an old Mac shade called Ionic, although this formula looks creamier.

walkingdead

I just go my lippies with my Fallen Angel pallette. Happy I only had to sign for both once. I took pics comparing the full size, the boys lippie and the sample one.
5fe2c3d8_image.jpeg
Is not that much bigger than the sample size.

Marsha Pomells

For the cause (pic heavy): Packaging Stavros w/ flash Stavros w/o flash Stavros w/o flash Stavros w/ flash (NC47~ish) Liam w/o flash - my flash pics were too blurry :( Liam on top, Stavros on bottom (w/o flash) Liam (taken under the yellow-ish light of my desk lamp)
Yep, I'm definitely buy this. Thanks for the swatches

Latest posts