Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Vineetha

Ok ladies I have one more lip swatch for you this evening and that is Henry, formerly known as Warm Sable. And warm sable is a perfect description of this color. HTH!

Hiiii Long time no see!!!!! Loved the shades you picked up!! Thanks for the swatches!!!

Shars

Lip swatch of Stavros. Glitter can be seen in the arm swatch but not on the lips. Just a beautiful pearlized finish. I actually feel like this one is easier to pull off than I thought!

This looks really nice on your skintone. Like someone said further up, it reminds of me of MAC's Viva Glam Rihanna 2. Thanks for posting your swatches! :)

EllaS

This looks really nice on your skintone. Like someone said further up, it reminds of me of MAC's Viva Glam Rihanna 2. Thanks for posting your swatches! :)
Thank you so much ladies!! Glad the swatches are helpful. Happy to enable in whatever way I can
girlhaha.gif

Missyrocks

Ok ladies I have one more lip swatch for you this evening and that is Henry, formerly known as Warm Sable. And warm sable is a perfect description of this color. HTH!
Thank s so much. Where are you finding the original names of these repromotes? I ordered Henry but not sure that color is for me. Great swatches

Missyrocks

On a separate note, it's so nice to see a smart group of women here! I'm amazed, really on IG, at the grammar- if I see one more time "your great" or another "your so beautiful"- seriously!:shock:

EllaS

Thank s so much. Where are you finding the original names of these repromotes? I ordered Henry but not sure that color is for me. Great swatches
No problem! I hope Henry works out for you. This is the post I've been using as a guide to repromotes. http://www.beautyscene.nl/makeupnieuws/157998/tom-ford-lips-boys-nieuwe-lipsticks/

I'm hoping it's correct!

Missyrocks

Thank you., Ella. Lots of trouble with this site for me typing. I did see that link from the other poster, but I was too lazy to try to match that new name with the old color! Lol.

Medgal07

Lip swatch of Stavros. Glitter can be seen in the arm swatch but not on the lips. Just a beautiful pearlized finish. I actually feel like this one is easier to pull off than I thought!

Very interesting color. I like it on you!!!! A lot!!!

EllaS

Thank you., Ella. Lots of trouble with this site for me typing. I did see that link from the other poster, but I was too lazy to try to match that new name with the old color! Lol.
I hear ya! 50 lippies is a lot to keep track of! I literally have that link bookmarked on my phone. It's like my professional reference guide lol
girlhaha.gif

EllaS

Love your picks Ella. They look so, so good on you!!!
Thank you Meddy! I'm intentionally buying some shades that are a little unusual. So far I think they're not so out there that I can't make them work :) I figure it's not often a luxury brand would come out with something like Stavros so it's a fun lippie to have in my collection.

ellyk

Olivier.. taken with a flash. Its a light pinkish on lips and has alittle golden shimmer.you really have to be up close to notice. Kind of reminded me of the golden shimmer tom ford summer fling has.
This looks so pretty on you! Olivier is one of the ones I got (wanted Julian even more but it was sold out), but I wonder if it's maybe too pale on my sorta pigmented lips and NC25 skin.

Sugar & Spice

Well I'm on Nordstrom site about to place my order for cyber Monday and I do not see the lipsticks available so I'm skipping as I don't want them enough to place a second order if they show up later.

alexisweaver

Well I'm on Nordstrom site about to place my order for cyber Monday and I do not see the lipsticks available so I'm skipping as I don't want them enough to place a second order if they show up later.
Stuff usually doesn't go up on Nordies until midnight PST or after...

I did a chat with someone earlier that said the same thing for this collection.

Medgal07

Thank you Meddy! I'm intentionally buying some shades that are a little unusual. So far I think they're not so out there that I can't make them work :) I figure it's not often a luxury brand would come out with something like Stavros so it's a fun lippie to have in my collection.
friends.gif
You're so correct Ella. More often than not, the high end brands tend to play it safe when it comes to shades of lipstick.

IHughes

They have been released in Selfridges in the UK although shipping is 15 pounds international so I think I'll be passing. I'm dying to try a Tom Ford lipstick but I think I'll wait to try a proper full-sized one!

Medgal07

They have been released in Selfridges in the UK although shipping is 15 pounds international so I think I'll be passing. I'm dying to try a Tom Ford lipstick but I think I'll wait to try a proper full-sized one!
Which full-sized one will you try?

Latest posts