Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

MakeupAli

Not sure if this link has been posted here but it is Silverkris' swatch post and FOTD of the new TF eye duos: http://www.silverkis.com/tom-ford-spring-2015/

For me, I am going to pass because these are not what I would really wear. I use these intense colors as eyeliners and prefer stuff for that purpose-- but enjoy everyone!

EllaS

Sorry if I missed somebody else saying this, but I just saw the duos are going to be $60 (according to jolies_pansees on IG here http://instagram.com/p/yabN4rqvpa/?modal=true). That seems high for a duo, no? Particularly when you consider a quad is only $19 more at $79!

beauteblogueur

Sorry if I missed somebody else saying this, but I just saw the duos are going to be $60 (according to jolies_pansees on IG here http://instagram.com/p/yabN4rqvpa/?modal=true). That seems high for a duo, no? Particularly when you consider a quad is only $19 more at $79!
I think the trio's from a couple of years back were $60,and they had .5g less product than the duo's will have. Given the way these duo's layer you could say you're really getting three colours in each palette.

I was hoping for more like $50, but it doesn't surprise me. A single cream eyeshadow from TF is $42, so $60 for a duo seems about right. The quads are just fairly cheap compared to the rest of the line.

Medgal07

http://www.silverkis.com/tom-ford-spring-2015/
Thanks for this link Vee! The e/s looks prettier in the compact then I would expected they look on the eyes here. I've just fallen in love with 4 new GA Eye Tints
so I may be limited to the NPs in this collection. BTW, my Givenchy Caresse Palette arrived today
eyelove.gif
!!!

allthingsglam

[COLOR=0000FF]  Thanks for this link Vee![/COLOR]  [COLOR=0000FF] The e/s looks prettier in the compact then I would expected they look on the eyes here.  I've just fallen in love with 4 new GA Eye Tints[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  so I may be limited to the NPs in this collection.  BTW, my Givenchy Caresse Palette arrived today[/COLOR]:eyelove: [COLOR=0000FF]!!![/COLOR]
yayyyy medgal great goodies enjoy

allthingsglam

I do think that the shadows are priced high I only own one Tf shadow quad and it was coco mirage which I didn't like these shadow however are calling my name I am for sure getting the blue one the blogger didnt give it a great review but I can't help myself hopefully it works out better for me and that raw jade is on my list but if I only could get one it will be the blue one

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF]  Thanks for this link Vee![/COLOR]  [COLOR=0000FF] The e/s looks prettier in the compact then I would expected they look on the eyes here.  I've just fallen in love with 4 new GA Eye Tints[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  so I may be limited to the NPs in this collection.  BTW, my Givenchy Caresse Palette arrived today[/COLOR]:eyelove: [COLOR=0000FF]!!![/COLOR]
Yay :pompom: how do you like it!!! I am thinking of picking up the quad from Chanel whitening over this!! I hope my sensible side gets through once it launches though :haha:

Bronwyn

Does anyone go on ebay and lust over the limited edition tf quads that are so beautiful but defs not work the high prices people charge? Also burnished amber that was continued.

Medgal07

I am thinking of picking up the quad from Chanel whitening over this!! I hope my sensible side gets through once it launches though
girlhaha.gif
I like it---it makes a really pretty soft neutral eye. I used Giorgio Armani Senso as a base. Loving Senso!!!!

MakeupAli

Thanks for this link Vee! The e/s looks prettier in the compact then I would expected they look on the eyes here. I've just fallen in love with 4 new GA Eye Tints
so I may be limited to the NPs in this collection. BTW, my Givenchy Caresse Palette arrived today
eyelove.gif
!!!
Which GA Eye Tints are you getting? I went to the BG TF counter to see the eye palettes and the manager had locked them away and left for the evening.!!! So I ended up trying on the Hourglass Color Field palette. It is much more cool toned in person than it looked from the photos which I liked. The gold is a cool gold. The colors are really pretty and I was able to get a very subtle look from it. Debating...

Medgal07

Which GA Eye Tints are you getting? I went to the BG TF counter to see the eye palettes and the manager had locked them away and left for the evening.!!! So I ended up trying on the Hourglass Color Field palette. It is much more cool toned in person than it looked from the photos which I liked. The gold is a cool gold. The colors are really pretty and I was able to get a very subtle look from it. Debating...
I got Green Iron #6 Obsidian #1 Onyx #5 & Senso #10. Senso is the only one I've worn so far. I love them and will probably get two more.
sigh.gif
Why would the
manager lock away product? What if you wanted to purchase them?

MakeupAli

Me too! I'm eyeing up that quad and hope it comes to more stores than just BG right now!
I was at the Chanel at BG to get La Romanesque and they didn't have it. Though I did swatch the new lip palette. I bet Sabrina will get it and swatch it- it's right up her alley. I also see there will be a new cream blush and that wasn't in yet either. It looks gorgeous. But I did get them to put aside the new Yeux Stylo from that collection and it's total love. I may have to get a backup because it is the perfect lower lash liner shade for me.

Medgal07

I was at the Chanel at BG to get La Romanesque and they didn't have it. Though I did swatch the new lip palette. I bet Sabrina will get it and swatch it- it's right up her alley. I also see there will be a new cream blush and that wasn't in yet either. It looks gorgeous. But I did get them to put aside the new Yeux Stylo from that collection and it's total love. I may have to get a backup because it is the perfect lower lash liner shade for me.
I would love a nice new color in a Chanel cream blush. Not interested in the lip palette but everything else has my attention.

MakeupAli

I got Green Iron #6 Obsidian #1 Onyx #5 & Senso #10. Senso is the only one I've worn so far. I love them and will probably get two more.
sigh.gif
Why would the
manager lock away product? What if you wanted to purchase them?
Those are great choices. I have Emeraude and plan to get Onyx. The grey shade in the upcoming Chanel quad looks a bit like Onyx. Re; TF All they had were testers for pre-ordering. Those were locked away. So the SAs were trying to show me how they wore the blue one. LOL. I also tried Wicked, but now am leaning towards the Chanel cream from the new collection. It's a pinky peachy color. The odd thing about BG is that the store lighting makes all the SAs see me as cool toned so the Chanel SA was telling me I should only wear cool toned blush. It's how I got sold on TF platinum which looks horrible on me and had to return it. So I really have to double check anything I try on there rather than purchase right at the time. Right now for the TF Spring, I am most interested in the mascaras. How is the TF mascara?

Latest posts