Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

Hopefully the summer ls are all re promotes. After lips and boys I really don't need another round of TF lippies. I already have all of the ls from last summer in white packaging plus bu's. Don't judge LOL.
girlhaha.gif
SAME!

elegant-one

I had a makeover at my local TF counter today, using Raw Jade. I can see why people say it's so unique--in some lights, the iridescent shade looks so amazingly lovely. The TF artist (fresh in from NYC, and talented beyond), used a green kohl pencil with it and it did look amazing. Still, I cannot decide to get them. At $40, I'd take them all. I remember being this undecided with the Guerlain Wulong--it's just beyond the edge of fun when it's at that price point. (Yes, I bought the Wulong but I'm still not sure that was a good decision).

Anyway, I did buy the TF primer, the Terra bronzer (I used up the TF shimmery one completely already, time for a new one!) and the brow enhancer (I've used up one already, need another now). I know that I'll be using these products to the end, so it makes sense to buy them. I'm less certain that I'll use the duo's enough to justify the price. Of course, the NYC artist had to laugh because I'd come to specifically look at the duo's, and walked away with everything but.

The primer is gorgeous. It blurred away pores, and made my skin look moisturized. The brown enhance in taupe is a perfect color for me. Also, they used the TF mascara on me during the makeover--does anyone have any feedback on it? It gave me really lush lush lashes--worth the price?

Also scored a mini Chanel bubble moisturizer at Nordstrom--go see if they have 'em near you!!

Thanks for the great review - as always. I agree, I want the plum duo but the $60 price tag just seems too much when there are so many other things I want
amuse.gif

starletta8

BTW, my SA (who told me about Summer a good 2 or 3 weeks before photos leaked) told me that that the mini bronzers should be around $65.

starletta8

Wearing Raw Jade on my eyes and Black Jade on my nails.

For once, I found my Tom Ford eyeshadow brush to be the perfect choice, in terms of the amount of pigment that the brush picked up.

I may need a backup. I'm that much in love! It's just so spring. Nevermind that it's 0, I found a great spring combo of Raw Jade with NARS Catherine on my lips!

Medgal07

Wearing Raw Jade on my eyes and Black Jade on my nails.

For once, I found my Tom Ford eyeshadow brush to be the perfect choice, in terms of the amount of pigment that the brush picked up.

I may need a backup. I'm that much in love! It's just so spring. Nevermind that it's 0, I found a great spring combo of Raw Jade with NARS Catherine on my lips!
That's great Starletta. Sounds like you're having a blast! I love hearing about fun with makeup and such!!

starletta8

I had a makeover at my local TF counter today, using Raw Jade. I can see why people say it's so unique--in some lights, the iridescent shade looks so amazingly lovely. The TF artist (fresh in from NYC, and talented beyond), used a green kohl pencil with it and it did look amazing. Still, I cannot decide to get them. At $40, I'd take them all. I remember being this undecided with the Guerlain Wulong--it's just beyond the edge of fun when it's at that price point. (Yes, I bought the Wulong but I'm still not sure that was a good decision).

Anyway, I did buy the TF primer, the Terra bronzer (I used up the TF shimmery one completely already, time for a new one!) and the brow enhancer (I've used up one already, need another now). I know that I'll be using these products to the end, so it makes sense to buy them. I'm less certain that I'll use the duo's enough to justify the price. Of course, the NYC artist had to laugh because I'd come to specifically look at the duo's, and walked away with everything but.

The primer is gorgeous. It blurred away pores, and made my skin look moisturized. The brown enhance in taupe is a perfect color for me. Also, they used the TF mascara on me during the makeover--does anyone have any feedback on it? It gave me really lush lush lashes--worth the price?

Also scored a mini Chanel bubble moisturizer at Nordstrom--go see if they have 'em near you!!

I'm a loyal reader of your blog, so I know you have a lot of NARS products. I was able to nearly replicate the green eyeliner using NARS Paint Pot in Snake Eyes.

starletta8

Well that seals the deal for me. Guardian Terracotta bronzers will remain my true loves.

That's great Starletta. Sounds like you're having a blast! I love hearing about fun with makeup and such!!
Ha, I suspect they're about the same size. For me, if there's a TF shade that works, it would be cheaper than the Guerlain 4 Seasons bronzer I'm currently rocking!

I love fun makeup, and it's really Friday-Sunday that I get to play. I have so many uptight meetings Monday-Thursday at work as of late that I've fallen into a very simple, subdued office look. Friday is far more casual, hence the Jade eyes.

I may try to work the Plum duo into my makeup routine next week though- I just need to figure out the right lip tones to actually accent it without going OTT in the office.

Icecaramellatte

BTW, my SA (who told me about Summer a good 2 or 3 weeks before photos leaked) told me that that the mini bronzers should be around $65.
That's pricey but the regular size is $95. That may be why I've taken so long to try it.
Wearing Raw Jade on my eyes and Black Jade on my nails. For once, I found my Tom Ford eyeshadow brush to be the perfect choice, in terms of the amount of pigment that the brush picked up. I may need a backup. I'm that much in love!  It's just so spring. Nevermind that it's 0, I found a great spring combo of Raw Jade with NARS Catherine on my lips!
Ooh I can't wait to try mine out!
[COLOR=0000FF]   I'm in love with my Guerlain Terracotta bronzers so they could be an easy skip for me.[/COLOR]
I'm good on bronzers as well but I love the Raeviewer on YouTube and she's always using it so . . .

starletta8

Snake Eyes is sooooo beautiful. Did you use the TF Jade duo with it?
Exactly. I got more usage out of a product that I already love and saved myself from lusting after the TF liners. That said, I've never had much luck with them in terms of longevity on my eyes so I always look for a good dupe.

elegant-one

I forgot...I have really been wanting that TF primer so I was very happy to read that you liked it.I've heard mixed things about it. I also want to get the brow enhance.

pbpink

:haha:   [COLOR=0000FF]Nope---no more blue---even though it is really very pretty!!  Great haul!  I hope you enjoy everything.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I'm so over GWPs & samples.  I don't need another pouch or tote.  I'm sure you won't [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]have any issues with TF[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   e/s falling off your lids.  Like you said, "TF e/s usually stays around for quite a long time."[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]
I am (usually) over the GWP's but Eddie Borgo (he makes funky jewelry, have a few of his spiked bracelets but no clue why the heck he would be "designing" a rubber bag! it was prob made in China and they just put his name on it!) and I got sucked in but I would have ordered NM anyway as ebates was at 8% - haha! I am a newb to ebates so I was kinda happy when I got my first PayPal dealio....I think it may be here tomorrow as a NM beauty person called apologizing for delayed orders and said they would get the TF spring m/u order to me by Saturday if possible! shocked that they called me and left a message and I thought it was a pre-order, guess not! last time I got a GWP from NM, it was in store and my SA threw in a black Rebecca Minkoff pouch lined inside unlike the ones you can buy - I still use every day in my bag! back to TF, the spring 2015 cream shadow is unreal, I used a pin sized amount and kinda went over board! was not a pretty sight as I looked like an iguana - think I may need some pointers from you girls as color is divine! how is everyone applying this, with a baby shrimp fork? his others creams, I could use even my finger and I was safe! I may try w/MJ concealer brush next, good idea or no? speaking of MJ, his new contour powers are so silky, blendable + creamy! LOVE it, was surprised as the random MJ blush I tried last year was a major flop! she put on MJ 40 on one side of cheek and MJ 60 on other and 60 is the winner for me...there must be Shea Butter in those as my face felt baby soft after.... and back to TF summer, was told the small bronzers are the same exact shades as current monster size ones just in travel size which rules it out for me as its too light - then she said the cream blush was a pinky-peach? wtf? I thought from pics it was red, hopefully the TF SA was wrong as often the local ones know way less than us addicts! I have been hoping in my TF addicted head that he would do a red, something like that cle de peau one but more intense so I can control amount... edit: need summer fling just thought I'd mention it! hehe!

pretty_melody

I just bought the TF liquid liner and man was hard to pay almost 60 bucks for it. I've been using a stila one for awhile and I've heard nothing but great things about this one. The summer collection looks seriously gorgeous! I need one of the mini bronzers and maybe that face palette ;)

pbpink

Hopefully the summer ls are all re promotes. After lips and boys I really don't need another round of TF lippies. I already have all of the ls from last summer in white packaging plus bu's. Don't judge LOL.
oh dear haven if you decide you don't need a spare summer fling, I'm your girl!!

Latest posts