Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

Ok ladies I've ordered the uniform- So Vain and Love Bruise.... So everywhere we'll have vamps that ate fairies
girlhaha.gif
flower.gif
You'll be so pretty & shimmery.

elegant-one

Hi Everyone, just catching up on this thread ... I haven't been on in ages. I literally moved from Los Angeles to Toronto a few months ago. Thankfully my sister can forward me any TF purchases I make. I just recieved Moodlight and Velvet Violet and I have the Plum Ombre and the Brow Scultping Kit coming too.

I also wish they sold his darn Brush Case. I have 10 out of the 12 brushes, didn't pick up the foundation brush or the Shade & Illuminate brush because I didn't have a use for them. But his brushes are lovely. And if you're into buying high end japanese brushes, the prices are actually decent in comparison, lol ....

Enjoy! Velvet Violet is such a pretty shade on.

Cris20

Thank you! I'm all caught up on the thread and seeing the beautiful pictures posted, my poor wallet took another hit today... I bought So Vain and the Pink Ombre and now for sure, I think I am going to retire from TF for 2015 ... that is until the new Matte shades come out. I can't wait to see those!!!!
girlhaha.gif

Ernie

I looooooooove this color. I finally got it. It's the perfect nude for me. I haven't stopped wearing it since I got it. It pairs really nicely with both Chanel's Sweet Beige gloss and Buxom's White Russian gloss, too!! 
Enjoy, it also looks good with TF Naked gloss!
Naked Gloss gives a gorgeous nude lip as well. I bought this one on a whim when I got Love Bruise & love it!
Yes it does!

Prettypackages

I took the hacksaw and your heels are gone. Have taken some wax paper to the soles and you are good to go to come down faster on our slide!!!! I am one short of having a complete set of the brushes. As for the infamous case. If and when it is ever sold, I so know I will purchase it. Provided you can purchase it without the brushes. I view the brush case as I do a beautiful white couch and drapes hanging with perfection pooled on the floor. In my house, the couch would have muddy dog prints all over it. The pooling of material would be something for the critters to nap it.

Next time you are at a TF counter, take a peek at the case the SA's use. It does hold onto to makeup product fly aways. Inside and out, which for where I go it would literally be mud. Since living in a tent does that to stuff. Also the price point of this case will play a huge factor. I use the Trish McEvoy cases. Good lock on them, wipe down easy both inside and out. It is was just a tad bit longer it would be perfect.
Hilarious! I tell you! That's a good idea about the TM cases. Have you seen or had experience with the Lmercier one?

ashievic

I think so. I need to check once I get back home. Please keep in mind I have three stashes. One at the P's in Chicago, one at the boyfriends 2300 miles (literally) from Chicago and the stuff in my suitcase. Mama took a pic of the makeup residue issue on the TF case. Of course if you put your brushes back only after they have been cleaned there would be no issue. Yet, when in BFI at 3 am, I just toss back in the holder. If I leave out, the wildlife critters will carry off. A raccoon once was having a wonderful time with one of brushes. He/she cracked me up as they were rubbing their face and arms with it. Then they rooted away carrying in their mouth. Heck it was better then the bear who felt the food tent was his own buffet.

pandorablack

It would drive me nuts if I had three different stashes. Bad enough I put my lipglosses in a makeup bag and I can't find it right now. It's here...somewhere.

ashievic

Thank you! I'm all caught up on the thread and seeing the beautiful pictures posted, my poor wallet took another hit today... I bought So Vain and the Pink Ombre and now for sure, I think I am going to retire from TF for 2015 ... that is until the new Matte shades come out. I can't wait to see those!!!!
girlhaha.gif
Denial, we will support you in this. As one professor told me once as I was explaining why I did not have something "You actually expect me to believe this?" Mama asked about the new mattes. No one knew anything about them. They thought maybe for Spring. But heck, who really knows for sure??? Also Mr. Ford has in the past, has made a release right after Christmas as in 12/26 for last year's Boy's. Only time will tell.....As well as most stores do have a big Beauty Event in early February. You do have Love Bruise, correct? Or you will be out of uniform!!!

ashievic

It would drive me nuts if I had three different stashes. Bad enough I put my lipglosses in a makeup bag and I can't find it right now. It's here...somewhere.
It works for me, since I can't remember sh**. At least when I at the P's, I can raid Mama's stash. Then somehow things just fall into my backpack.

Cris20

Denial, we will support you in this. As one professor told me once as I was explaining why I did not have something "You actually expect me to believe this?" Mama asked about the new mattes. No one knew anything about them. They thought maybe for Spring. But heck, who really knows for sure??? Also Mr. Ford has in the past, has made a release right after Christmas as in 12/26 for last year's Boy's. Only time will tell.....As well as most stores do have a big Beauty Event in early February. You do have Love Bruise, correct? Or you will be out of uniform!!!
LOL! ... I'm trying my best to be good. I still have the Summer collection that I haven't even opened and made a dent in the cream shadows, sooo bad
thud.gif
... I hope those mattes don't come out til next year. TF has been a very expensive year for me. I'm a sucker for reds, and vampy colors, so hopefully if he does come out with some ... those tones will be (praying) excluded. And yes, I do have Love Bruise!!! Its the reason why So Vain became tooooo tempting to resist!
eyelove.gif

GreenEyedAllie

Anyone knows if it's difficult to return TF items? Tried AW15 couple of times and it's just not growing on me unfortunately. :-(
I have a love-hate with it myself, so I understand. Have you tried it over or under a powder? I think that may be a must for this guy. I'm also just biased because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 'traditional' TF cream shadows, and this is so different. I will say that I did try @Medgal07's trick of super thin layer, dry, super thin layer, dry (which does not take as long as it sounds), and it did perform a little better for me.