Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Winthrop44

Are you saying I (we) have weird lips :roflmao: So you think I would like my lips wearing it? :)

Nah...the RAVs wear well on you iirc? I'm not sure how similar the color of our pigmented lips really is but this one really works for mine. I think it would be worth a try for you. Let me know if you try it.

elegant-one

Nah...the RAVs wear well on you iirc? I'm not sure how similar the color of our pigmented lips really is but this one really works for mine. I think it would be worth a try for you. Let me know if you try it.

I think it would work. It may be sold out on Nordies. I couldn't find it.

karlaeditht

New User
Sooo i just received my brushes from Nordstorm, and while they are super soft there are 2 things that make me doubt about them being natural hair, one is that they don’t have that goat smell although i don’t remember my cream foundation brush smelled like that, and the other thing that caught my attention is that next to the Japan word says AA7S, my old brush only says Japan, i emailed tom ford about this, i hope they answer...

boschicka

Sooo i just received my brushes from Nordstorm, and while they are super soft there are 2 things that make me doubt about them being natural hair, one is that they don’t have that goat smell although i don’t remember my cream foundation brush smelled like that, and the other thing that caught my attention is that next to the Japan word says AA7S, my old brush only says Japan, i emailed tom ford about this, i hope they answer...

AA7S, S for synthetic? Some places still had the old/natural brushes in stock but removed them to list the new/synthetic brushes. I wonder if they will eventually show up at CCOs.

karlaeditht

New User
AA7S, S for synthetic? Some places still had the old/natural brushes in stock but removed them to list the new/synthetic brushes. I wonder if they will eventually show up at CCOs.
Yes i guess the S means synthetic, if thats the case i will return them and try to find them at the CCO, or i will go for some hakuhodo or wayne goss, i don’t have any of his brushes but based on all the reviews they seem high quality, im trying to replace my mac150 and 116 i use them for face powder and blush but they are so scratchy and now that im using retin A my skin is more sensitive so i need someting soft and that doesn’t shed as much as my mac brushes

Erena

Nice! Those are 2 of my favorites.

Thanks, I've just ordered Hudson online, I couldn't wait until the new shades are available in stores. Did you order any of the shades from Boys & Girls line? They dropped a few more colors at Sephora today.

elegant-one

Thanks, I've just ordered Hudson online, I couldn't wait until the new shades are available in stores. Did you order any of the shades from Boys & Girls line? They dropped a few more colors at Sephora today.

Nothing yet which is weird. I hoarded like crazy with the first release. The shades look nice.

MaryJane

Got my SS19 today. I can definitely see where it would look bad on no color lips. On my pigmented lips it tones them down to the color lips I wish I had, so I like it! Mine is not drying so not sure why that would be. I guess everyone's different. I know alot of people love Chanel RAVs and I find them drying, so I probably have weird lips.
I’m glad SS19 worked out for you. My lips are just too light for this color.

MaryJane

I haven’t seen many pics or info about the new Lips and Boys colors. Compared to past years, this release seems really low key.

boschicka

Someone go buy 28 NICHOLAS, 20 RICHARD, 0L CHADWICK, 30 GAL, 0J ORI, 30 CAMILLA, 0H RIVER. Swatch, post pics, and contrast and compare. Great, thanks! :cool:

Icecaramellatte

I saw the Lost Cherry fragrance on Nordstrom and was so excited I posted on another site. I didn't think to post here about it. I keep forgetting your guys might like fragrance too. Anyway, I went back to read about it and all the posts are all about the name. Nobody seems interested in the notes. Oh well, I'm excited. I want to see what Tom Ford fragrance will do with a cherry scent. Oh and I really like the bottle. I don't know about the lips and boys and girls. I may get one or two. It seems like it has been awhile since I've bought one of those. But I really want to know about the fall collection. Are they going to have one? It is already September and crickets. I am wearing the Cameo extreme lip color like crazy. (sorry if I've mentioned this before but I can't recall) I'm having so much fun layering it with different glosses. Mostly the Mac Grand Illusion glosses but about 2 weeks ago I bought some Pat McGrath lipglosses and now I'm layering those too with the Cameo. I have my eye on one more extreme. I like the colors but I'm pretty much a tame lip color person so I don't know if I'll get anymore. As for the brushes. I ordered a bunch during the Sephora sale. Hmm. Couldn't get 2 there so bought 2 more at NM but had a crazy delivery experience. One showed up and the other kept getting crazy messages to go to pick it up and when I did, it's not there and tracking messages kept changing. I finally figured out there was address correction needed which didn't make sense if they were able to leave a door tag and instruct me where to pick up the package. Anyway, I called so hopefully I will get it. Now I'm wondering if I should back up another one I purchased in the spring because I'm finding myself using it often.

awickedshape

I saw the Lost Cherry fragrance on Nordstrom and was so excited I posted on another site. I didn't think to post here about it. I keep forgetting your guys might like fragrance too. Anyway, I went back to read about it and all the posts are all about the name. Nobody seems interested in the notes. Oh well, I'm excited. I want to see what Tom Ford fragrance will do with a cherry scent. Oh and I really like the bottle. I don't know about the lips and boys and girls. I may get one or two. It seems like it has been awhile since I've bought one of those. But I really want to know about the fall collection. Are they going to have one? It is already September and crickets. I am wearing the Cameo extreme lip color like crazy. (sorry if I've mentioned this before but I can't recall) I'm having so much fun layering it with different glosses. Mostly the Mac Grand Illusion glosses but about 2 weeks ago I bought some Pat McGrath lipglosses and now I'm layering those too with the Cameo. I have my eye on one more extreme. I like the colors but I'm pretty much a tame lip color person so I don't know if I'll get anymore. As for the brushes. I ordered a bunch during the Sephora sale. Hmm. Couldn't get 2 there so bought 2 more at NM but had a crazy delivery experience. One showed up and the other kept getting crazy messages to go to pick it up and when I did, it's not there and tracking messages kept changing. I finally figured out there was address correction needed which didn't make sense if they were able to leave a door tag and instruct me where to pick up the package. Anyway, I called so hopefully I will get it. Now I'm wondering if I should back up another one I purchased in the spring because I'm finding myself using it often.

The TF fragrances are either love or hate and no in-between for me. Black cherry, tonka, vetiver, jasmine sambac, cedar... I think I might like this one.

Last edited:

awickedshape

Someone go buy 28 NICHOLAS, 20 RICHARD, 0L CHADWICK, 30 GAL, 0J ORI, 30 CAMILLA, 0H RIVER. Swatch, post pics, and contrast and compare. Great, thanks! :cool:

Hey
I posted some swatches recently and two of the lovelies who post on here and IG have been doing some comparisons. Gal might be close to Revolve Around Me.
Richard (Negligee-ish) and Nicholas are older shades so probably lots of swatches available esp from T.

Jennifer on Instagram: “Swatches of the new Tom Ford Boys & Girls ➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️
[URL=https://www.specktra.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=tomfordbeauty]#tomfordbeauty
#tomfordboysandgirls #tfboysandgirls #iworkatnm”[/url]

PJ on Instagram: “Part II of [URL=https://www.specktra.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=swatchsaturday]#swatchsaturday - mega #tflipsandboys #tfboysandgirls swatch post. Taking a look down lipstick memory lane... . 2014 Boys:…”[/url]

PJ on Instagram: “It’s a mini [URL=https://www.specktra.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=swatchsaturday]#swatchsaturday this week with 1/10th of the new #tfboysandgirls . None of my counters had these in yet so I ordered sight…”[/url]

Latest posts