Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

TraceyMc

Someone go buy 28 NICHOLAS, 20 RICHARD, 0L CHADWICK, 30 GAL, 0J ORI, 30 CAMILLA, 0H RIVER. Swatch, post pics, and contrast and compare. Great, thanks! :cool:

I ordered Ava today and have Gal , Helena , River and Alistair on my wishlist . Only thing putting me off getting more than 1 or 2 is I got Richard and Cary from the previous L&B collection and in less than 10 months they went rancid , I have 8 L&B and 2 L&G lippies and those were the only two that went bad :/

boschicka

Hey
I posted some swatches recently and two of the lovelies who post on here and IG have been doing some comparisons. Gal might be close to Revolve Around Me.
Richard (Negligee-ish) and Nicholas are older shades so probably lots of swatches available esp from T.

Jennifer on Instagram: “Swatches of the new Tom Ford Boys & Girls ➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️
#tomfordbeauty #tomfordboysandgirls #tfboysandgirls #iworkatnm

PJ on Instagram: “Part II of #swatchsaturday - mega #tflipsandboys #tfboysandgirls swatch post. Taking a look down lipstick memory lane... . 2014 Boys:…”

PJ on Instagram: “It’s a mini #swatchsaturday this week with 1/10th of the new #tfboysandgirls . None of my counters had these in yet so I ordered sight…”

Thank you! You're the best. Everyone else around here needs to ask themselves how they can be more helpful. :goofs:

boschicka

I ordered Ava today and have Gal , Helena , River and Alistair on my wishlist . Only thing putting me off getting more than 1 or 2 is I got Richard and Cary from the previous L&B collection and in less than 10 months they went rancid , I have 8 L&B and 2 L&G lippies and those were the only two that went bad :/

Ugh, less than 10 months!

Erena

YES! Gal, Ori and River are on my wishlist. I can't wait to see your swatches.

elegant-one

I think this is way I am so hesitant to get anymore. :confused:

Winthrop44

Yes! Anytime I try to take swatch pics I just end up disgusted at my (or my camera's?) abilities and in awe of people like Sabrina, [MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION], and many folks on Instagram!

Shars

AA7S, S for synthetic? Some places still had the old/natural brushes in stock but removed them to list the new/synthetic brushes. I wonder if they will eventually show up at CCOs.
They better!!! I still have a few I never managed to grab before they started discontinuing them.
Yes i guess the S means synthetic, if thats the case i will return them and try to find them at the CCO, or i will go for some hakuhodo or wayne goss, i don’t have any of his brushes but based on all the reviews they seem high quality, im trying to replace my mac150 and 116 i use them for face powder and blush but they are so scratchy and now that im using retin A my skin is more sensitive so i need someting soft and that doesn’t shed as much as my mac brushes
I have both face and eye natural hair brushes from him and I think the eye brushes are consistently better. Of the face brushes I have, some are hit and miss - I have two that shed all the time and others that don't.
Thank you! You're the best. Everyone else around here needs to ask themselves how they can be more helpful. :goofs:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

elegant-one

Yes! Anytime I try to take swatch pics I just end up disgusted at my (or my camera's?) abilities and in awe of people like Sabrina, @elegant-one , and many folks on Instagram!

:flowers: Hey, I thought of you today when I tried 2 new products LOL. Marc Jacobs new es in O! Yeah which is a beautiful slight aubergine brown. It goes on so amazingly well & makes my hazel eyes pop. The other is the Shiseido's new micro liner in dark brown. It does a very simple pretty tightline. I applied it underneath the top lid into the lash line how they show it in the video & then I did another application on top of the lash line. I think I could wear this without any other makeup just to make my eyes look awake on no makeup days. I just ordered the black shade from Nordies because they keep selling out on Sephora. Anyhow, I thought you might love this look.

Last edited:

karlaeditht

New User
They better!!! I still have a few I never managed to grab before they started discontinuing them.

I have both face and eye natural hair brushes from him and I think the eye brushes are consistently better. Of the face brushes I have, some are hit and miss - I have two that shed all the time and others that don't.

This is another thing that got me confused about the brushes i got, they don’t shed, like at all, for months i have read reviews saying that the bronzer brush tends to shed a lot, my new one doesn’t and that the cheek brush doesn’t blend highly pigmented blushes but i used it for the blush that’s on my pink glow palette and it blended out beautifully without me looking like a clown, if these brushes i got are indeed the new synthetic ones they are very well made:eek:

Icecaramellatte

My other brush showed up. It has the same markings as the other brush I have. I guess it is the natural hair. It just seems softer than the one I have that is the same. It doesn't seem even though. I guess if it was synthetic it would be perfectly cut but it could just be crushed from shipping. I stopped at 2 Tom Ford counters today. The first one I asked about the brushes but the SA didn't know what I was talking about. I forget the SAs don't know much about the products at these new counters. I went to Neiman next and I forgot to ask. I did find out that they are just having a bunch of small releases not really a big fall release per se. The SA did tell me they were going to have a big soleil collection. I guess a Winter Soleil. I forgot to ask when that might be coming. I ended up getting 2 Boys. I didn't mean to do that. Oh she mentioned something else but I wasn't interested because all I could think about was saving for Lost Cherry. Oh man. I'll post if I remember. That isn't the counter that I usually get info from though so I'll keep looking. Oh if anyone is interested. I was for some reason. Cardi is a sheer shade. Oh and Nordstrom did not have any boys and girls in store nor did they no when they were coming.

Erena

From bottom to top: [FONT=&quot]31 CINDY、33 KAIA、#30GAL、#36CARDI
The model is wearing GAL[/FONT]
ccc-1535964026.jpg ddd-1535964026.jpg

elegant-one

Ugh, the TF lip swatches make Gal look so different. I couldn't find swatches of the new lipsticks. Is there a list of what is new? Is Scott new?

TraceyMc

Also finding it hard to get swatches , Temptalia doesn't seem to have any up yet , Scott is new , there are 15 new ones some boys , some girls . I'd like to see a few swatches too . I got Ava delivered today , it's a really pretty wearable pale beige apricot nude with tiny gold micro-glitters ,it says it's a sheer but it's quite pigmented ! I already have Zoe and that is more opaque , less shine and a deeper peach colour . Recommend Ava ;)

P.S. Just ordered Helena ;)

Last edited:

elegant-one

Also finding it hard to get swatches , Temptalia doesn't seem to have any up yet , Scott is new , there are 15 new ones some boys , some girls . I'd like to see a few swatches too . I got Ava delivered today , it's a really pretty wearable pale beige apricot nude with tiny gold micro-glitters ,it says it's a sheer but it's quite pigmented ! I already have Zoe and that is more opaque , less shine and a deeper peach colour . Recommend Ava ;)

P.S. Just ordered Helena ;)

Thanks so much dear! I have Helena in my cart too. They just look so different at TF.com :confused:

Latest posts