Top 5 pigments for a starter

cella2466

Hi girls,

I've just started using MAC and I just want to know 5 pigments you'll recommend for a starter
smiles.gif

I have Mutiny and Golden Olive...
yahoo.gif

thanks before!

urbanlilyfairy

Defintely Vanilla and Tan. Rose is gorgeous...and you can put it on as a lip gloss as well... if you can get a hold of it ..deckchair is my absolute favorite..but really hard to find. =/

makeupNdesign

I love Golden Olive! But if I had to choose 5 others one, I'd select:

Coco, Lovely Lily, Pastorale, Copper (Pro) and Deep Blue Green (Pro)

beauty_marked

Vanilla because it is the best hihglight color EVER
Tan
Dark Soul
Jardin Aires
and something a little bit fun like Fuschia, Violet, or Teal

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
Vanilla because it is the best hihglight color EVER
Tan
Dark Soul
Jardin Aires
and something a little bit fun like Fuschia, Violet, or Teal

Good picks!

I would say:

Vanilla
Dark Soul
Naked
Teal
Chocolate Brown

ch3rlyn

my picks:
melon
chocolate brown
coco (if you can find it)
dazzleray (LE as well)
and sunnydaze (sadly LE too)

BlahWah

From the regular line:

Vanilla (popular rec here!)
Tan
Violet/Kelly Green
Rose
Melon

From LE's:

Your Ladyship
Coco/Subtle
Goldstroke
Softwash Grey
Apricot Pink

Have fun choosing!

panda0410

I would agree with everyone here that Vanilla would be a top pick! So would Golden Olive, Tan and Rose.

If you can get your hands on some LEs try for Your Ladyship, Sweet Sienna, Deckchair, Coco and maybe Jardin Aires.

If you arent afraid of bold colours try Pink Pearl, Violet, Teal, Blue (original or RR - both LE), and Golden Lemon.

KTB

Jardin Aires!! A gorgeous neutral shade.

Emerald Green is one of my faves.

your Ladyships but it's LE and really hard to find.

AllisonWeaver

Five pigments I recommend to a beginner are:
Your Ladyship: recently discontinued, you should still be able to find a jar. The shade isn't a bright white, so it's great as a high light (brow, cheek, etcetera), mixed with lip gloss, used to tone down bright make up, mixed with foundation for shimmer, or as a sheer wash of color across the eye lid
Pink Opal: similar to Your Ladyship in that it has a huge amount of uses. While Your Ladyship has a very slight orange tint to it, Pink Opal is like an opal in that it reflects pink. It can be used for all the same uses as Your Ladyship, and I love using it as a high light on my cheeks, and mixed with lip gloss (the pink reflects are gorgeous!)
I think purchasing Pigments that have multiple uses is very important, especially when starting out! My advice is to get samples of colors you like from MAC, and purchase full size containers of the Pigments you use most often. Ask about pigments that will make your eye color pop, too!
I don't recommend Chocolate Brown Pigment or Teal pigment, because MAC has labeled them as unsafe for the eye area. I do own Chocolate Brown Pigment, though I'm grateful to have found out it shouldn't be used near the eye area before using it! I use it for bronzer occasionally.

candycane80

I love pigments they are sooo versatile,my faves are lily white (full size can be hard to find), melon, dazzleray, deckchair (also hard to find) and tan, these are the ones I get the most use out of.

KikiB

Jardin Aires is SO much better than Vanilla...it is probably the most versatile pigment because it is pretty on its own but it's the one I use the most when I am mixing pigments for eyeshadow. It's been around a lot lately, it'll be back for the Nordie's LE collection.

If you can find it, Helium is a really good one, it's a very pretty highlight colour and it is amazing mixed with a smidge of Pink Pearl for a blush or mix with lip gloss.

Violet is a very pretty one, it's subtle, and it mixes well.

The Mutiny one is a really good one to start with IMO, since it's a very wearable shade and does wonders on the eyes.

Finally Pink Pearl is nice for lips and eyes, for cheeks you would want to mix it with Jardin Aires or Helium or something because of the blue in it.

d n d

Vanilla-great low-key highlight shade

Cocoa-great neutral shade

Pink-Bronze-great pinkey bronze that can be used with lipgloss

Viz-violet & Entremuave- pretty purples (if you can get your hand on them)

Pink Pearl-goes great with a lot of other eye colors

gigglegirl

Oohh I can't believe I almost looked over mutiny, good choice, I love it!

Ok, on to other pigments! I agree with many above, here's my list:
#1-Jardin Aires! (such a great neutral, love it on its own, or as a highlight)
#2-Melon
#3-Green Brown (Pro)

the other ones I like are LEs and not avail online. I do like having a pink one like revved up, sunpepper (! this and green brown, love them for a fun look).

But honestly, if you can, check out Jardin Aires (either from Heatherette or wait til its repromoted again later this year with Colour Forms.)

Shannyn

Vanilla-- I love this pigment so much! It's a color that you can pair with anything. I'm so shocked that I waited so long to get this. It can do wonders!
Violet-- This is a really pretty purple color that you can play around with. I love using the eyeliner mixing medium for this color and putting over different purple eyeshadows.
Melon-- This is another color that has a lot of fun combos that you can try!
Fuschia I really heart this pinky pigment. I believe it was one of the first pigments that I ever got and I still love how pretty it is!