Treo 650 - Smartphone

meaghan<3

Great!! Thanks so much!! I was like.... for the price of this thing-- it should come with some kind of insurance!! haha

The Blackjack is nice! My boyfriends brother has it and he really likes it!

Shimmer

Really?
I've had the v400 (motorola), v551, v557, the SLVR, and now the Treo, and I'm keening on the blackjack but am reluctant still.
lol.gif

I'm a gadget geek.
smiles.gif

meaghan<3

Wow!! You really do! Good luck with convincing your husband that you need a new one!:balloons: :balloons:

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaghan<3
Thanks, Shimmer! I know, I couldn't believe that the PDAs are not insurable! So, I better not drop it! Is there any particular place that you go to find these tutorial websites? TIA.
smiles.gif

Your provider doesn't offer insurance!??!?!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Your provider doesn't offer insurance!??!?!

Cingular doesn't provide it for the smartphones or any of the really expensive ones. :/

MiCHiE

What kind of crap is that?!?! Those are the ones that need it the most....I've heard of people installing 3rd party software on Treos and straight frying them. $500+ down the drain....

Shimmer

yup.
They wouldn't insure the razrs when they first c ame out, and I don't think they insure the SLVRs yet.
Reason being is they were so high demand (I guess the slvr still is?) that people were filing claims on them and selling the second unit. :/

Shimmer

Cingular and T-Mobile use SIM cards...take the card out and replace the phone, or file a lost phone claim and get a new SIM card. You'll be without a phone for 24 hours but even I don't die from lack of communication
lol.gif

MiCHiE

Yeah...I figured the SIM had something to do with it, but do the phones still have IDs? I never understood that. NEXTEL uses SIMS, too and the phones have ID #s, yet people still find them, steal them, whatever and pop a new SIM in.

Shimmer

Not really. You don't have to have the IMEI number to activate a phone, all you have to do is put the SIM in it.

meaghan<3

Nope. I have Cingular and they offer NO insurance on any of the PDAs. I actually got the Razr right when it came out and they never told me that it wasn't insurable until I asked them after I bought it. It really sucks!

Shimmer

yeah, and you paid 500+ for a phone that now goes for free. :/
Ridiculous. The "slim" technology doesn't make up for the fact that I hate that piece of crap phone. My mom has one, and she loves it, but it's totally NOT for me.
I was working for Cingular when it came out and OH MY GOD was it insane.

meaghan<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
yeah, and you paid 500+ for a phone that now goes for free. :/
Ridiculous. The "slim" technology doesn't make up for the fact that I hate that piece of crap phone. My mom has one, and she loves it, but it's totally NOT for me.
I was working for Cingular when it came out and OH MY GOD was it insane.

Exactly!! I still have it now because I've been waiting for a PDA. I'm just ssssoooooo sick of it!! I can't wait to get this new phone!
smiles.gif