True Confession...

sigwing

Please don't think less of me for being so slow....

Today, I took hold of my angle brush and my Charcoal Brown and tried it instead of my usual brow pencil. I'd never done this before!!! I read yet another post by someone last nite who said they use whatever matte brown shade was being discussed for their brows, and I took the plunge this morning, instead of trying to figure out which of my several pencils to use today...and I'm now going to toss them all!!! I think the Charcoal Brown is even the perfect shade for me, altho I might try a little lighter. I think the post I read was someone using Omega, which I love as a shadow, but come to think of it, I always buy brow pencils that are similar to that shade.

If anyone else out there is in these shoes, not having tried MAC shadow for brows, DO IT! I tell you, my brows & brow pencils can be a problem, but this stuff stayed in place all freaking day. I can't believe I've just now tried it. Thanks to all of you who finally broke through my skull with this!

asnbrb

i do that too-- i've actually never tried a pencil before- this just seems so much easier.

i use espresso e/s for mine since my hair has a red tinge to it.

ruby_soho

I always do my brows with an angle brush and powder. Pencils are too harsh I find and take alot longer.

gambitlizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
i use espresso e/s for mine since my hair has a red tinge to it.

I use Espresso for brows also. Looks so natural compared to pencils or brow-fix.

maandusa

i always use shadow and an angle brush for my brows. depending on what color my hair is, i use Mystery, Espresso, Embark, or Satin Taupe. yes, Satin Taupe -- it's perfect when my hair is in its naturally dark blonde state; my natural color is pretty much a neutral blonde, and if i do anything too golden on my eyebrows, they just look orange in comparison. the shimmer in Satin Taupe also works, because eyebrows are naturally coarser and shinier than head-hair.

sigwing

I can't believe I've just now tried it! I've also thought the pencils were harsh, and sometimes I get a weird blob-like spot in my left eyebrow and it drives me nuts. I think because I've tried the Clinique dry eyebrow powder with the angle brush before, and never really liked it, I've just not tried again. But I was so impressed today, how this really stayed on & didn't end up looking smeared or gone in spots...it's still as if I just applied it! You all finally influenced me here & I'm so glad I gave it a shot!

litlaur

I've never really used brow pencils. You can get closer match with shadows. But sometimes I consider getting a pencil for those rushed mornings...

Miss Pumpkin

Mystery for me
greengrin.gif

Pushpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I always do my brows with an angle brush and powder. Pencils are too harsh I find and take alot longer.

yuppers and they look weird at times when ur brows are coated with the pencil color and it looks like they are stuck together ya know

sigwing

I slept in it & it's still good...didn't turn speckly or anything like pencil stuff does....

I think you're right about coating the brows or whatever they do, because I had to be careful to just get it underneath to "fill in," but then I'd still end up with it disappearing in places. I guess I just figured it would stay better than powder for some reason. And I didn't care a whole lot for the stuff I'd tried before, but part of that problem was the shades they offered were all too dark, & only a selection of like 2 or 3 shades to begin with so I naturally was recommended, and bought, one that was too dark for me.

I can't believe this took me so long!

lovemichelle

i use clinique brow shadow or whatever you wanna call it, with a covergirl eyeliner over it. i hate the look of just shadow alone.

bocagirl

I've never ever used pencils on my brows, I'm too heavy handed for that. I use embark with the 266.

Sanne

I love charcoal brown too, I use it every day for my brows!!! my face looks FAt when I am not filling in my eyebros haha it's stupid!

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
I love charcoal brown too, I use it every day for my brows!!! my face looks FAt when I am not filling in my eyebros haha it's stupid!

No...not stupid!!! hahaha...I know exactly what you mean! And I think the charcoal brown I used yesterday is just my perfect color, after trying Omega today, which I also liked, but the CB is right on for me.