Trying to find a job that works with my "Mommy Schedule"

I have FINALLY realized my passion in life (besides raising good respectable members of society/my kidlets) and they are now all in school. I want to be a make-up artist/freelance but need experience first obviously. I need advice and ideas on jobs that would be accomodating and flexible.....is this asking the impossible???? i supposedly have a job lined up with Sephora-am waiting to hear back, has anyone workes at Sephora and what are their hours and pay? I have heard that you are more of a salesperson than an "artist" ....i want to touch peoples faces and make them feel beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice???????

Chrystia

It depends on what type of schedule you are hoping. Are you interested in part time or full time? What type of availability will you have? These are all factors that will determine the scheduling. If If I'm honest, most of my jobs in the cosmetics retail field have been difficult to gain flexible scheduling. That being said, it might just be the way it is where I am. I would still shoot for it. Sometimes your schedule is exactly what that place may need.

I previously worked for Sephora first in colour then in skincare. I would definitely say I was more of a sales person than an artist with them. I would recommend also looking at a position at a department store if you are hoping to get hands on experience at applying makeup.

Another option would be asking some of the brands if they ahve freelance team options. Its a great way to do makeup and have better control of your schedule.

I have FINALLY realized my passion in life (besides raising good respectable members of society/my kidlets) and they are now all in school. I want to be a make-up artist/freelance but need experience first obviously. I need advice and ideas on jobs that would be accomodating and flexible.....is this asking the impossible???? i supposedly have a job lined up with Sephora-am waiting to hear back, has anyone workes at Sephora and what are their hours and pay? I have heard that you are more of a salesperson than an "artist" ....i want to touch peoples faces and make them feel beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice???????