Tweezers

Latexxx

Every time I visit Sephora, I always end up stopping by the tools section and debating whether or not I should shell out $20+ for a new pair of tweezers. I have some crap drugstore brand now and I suppose they work alright, but I've always wondered if expensive tweezers are worth it. I really hate those tiny black dots you get when hairs are just starting to grow in, but I have to practically dig into my face to get them out with the tweezers I have now. Would getting a better, more expensive pair make a difference? What do you all use?

AlliSwan

Tweezerman all the way! I have like 3 pairs, 2 slanted and 1 point-tipped. I sent them off to be sharpened and couldn't live without them so I bought another slanted. Sharpening them realllllly makes all the difference.

jonglerie

I love Tweezerman too. Before I got them I used a cheap brand and they really didn't work that well - it would take me so long and I'd still miss loads! I wasn't sure before I got them but now I'm convinced.

ladida

I have a pair or Rubis Tweezers (went looking for Tweezerman and found Rubis) and it makes a huge difference.

I can get the really really short hairs when they are little more than black dots and when I'm removing hairs I am yet to have one break off instead of removing cleanly. Plus I got a nice unusual colour and now when my housemates steal my tweezers I know which of them has (previously they all looked the same and I never knew!)

So IMO a better pair of tweezers is definatley a good investment.

Glitziegal

Tweezerman rock. Believe the hype, I don't know what makes them any different but they are brilliant!!

jlhinbrisvegas

Another vote for Tweezerman. I thought I would give them a go after reading so many rave reviews about them and they are the best tweezers I have used. I am able to pluck out the tiniest hairs with them.

They are a great investment!

robyn

The body shop usually has little manicure kits that include tweezers. Best tweezers ever!

caffn8me

I'm a great fan of Tweezerman tweezers but when they've eventually dulled with use I've always bought another pair as there isn't a resharpening facility in the UK. That is until recently. I contacted Tweezerman and they assured me that if I sent the tweezers back to their plant in Texas they'd send them back to me in the UK free of charge. I was in Atlanta 3 weeks back so took four pairs that needed sharpening and posted them USPS insured. They arrived back to the UK today and they've all clearly had work done on them and are fantastic again
smiles.gif
Great service!

lovejam

I use Tweezerman slanted tweezers. I get those little black dots too, and the pointy part of the tweezers grab onto them so easily! I love these tweezers, they are totally worth the pricetag.

lpgcjenni

i have like 5 billion tweezers, ok more like 5 or 6 hehe, anyways i have a few crappy ones and a few good expenisve one, yet i still can't get those tricky little hair dots to go away. i would spend an hour trying to just grab the damn thing and when i finally do, i can't pull them out it would just slip off the tweezer!! i've had my husband try to pull it off for me but he can't get them either. anyone has a recommendation?

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I'm a great fan of Tweezerman tweezers but when they've eventually dulled with use I've always bought another pair as there isn't a resharpening facility in the UK. That is until recently. I contacted Tweezerman and they assured me that if I sent the tweezers back to their plant in Texas they'd send them back to me in the UK free of charge. I was in Atlanta 3 weeks back so took four pairs that needed sharpening and posted them USPS insured. They arrived back to the UK today and they've all clearly had work done on them and are fantastic again
smiles.gif
Great service!

How long did it take in total until you got them back? I live in Switzerland and was thinking about sending mine in, but I only have those ones so I'd have to buy another tweezer in the meantime anyway.

charismaticlime

Are the Tweezermans purchased in a drugstore any different from the one bought at a higher end store, like Sephora? There seems to be a difference in cost (I bought mine at Shoppers Drug Mart, which was a few dollars cheaper than the one at Sephora) and packaging (the ones at Sephora were bare with just a plastic tip cover, whereas the ones in SDM were completely packaged in plastic).

goink

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
Are the Tweezermans purchased in a drugstore any different from the one bought at a higher end store, like Sephora? There seems to be a difference in cost (I bought mine at Shoppers Drug Mart, which was a few dollars cheaper than the one at Sephora) and packaging (the ones at Sephora were bare with just a plastic tip cover, whereas the ones in SDM were completely packaged in plastic).

Hmm, that is a good question. I think it's the same. I just looked at my plastic box and it has the information as to where I can get my sharpening. Maybe Canada has picky packaging regulations?

[back on topic]
I use Tweezerman with a Revlon 10x magnifying mirror. It makes tweezing so much easier!

Ernie

Definitely Tweezerman all the way, worth every penny. I have the slanted for tweezing and the very pointed tweezer for splinters. Love them.

Also, I buy mine at Bed,Bath beyond and I use the $5 coupon!