Twins accidentally married.

trollydolly

theyre going to try and change the law so that all children in the uk have the right to know who their biological parents are. i feel so sorry for these people. its just strange that despite being seperated as babies they were obviously drawn to one another!

purrtykitty

God, can you just imagine how they felt after finding out and realizing, you know, that they consummated their marriage...HOLY CRAP!!!

SparklingWaves

It would be quite confusing, shocking, & traumatic to find out your love(r) is your brother or sister to say the least. I just can't and don't even want to imagine it.

Beauty Mark

Being adopted, I often wonder if that fear is one of the reasons I've never been sexually attracted to East Asians a day in my life.

I think the issue is really complicated and I can't think of a single solution that would make it better. What if you unknowingly slept with your sibling and got pregnant (or got your sibling pregnant if you're a male)? Checking DNA is taking safe sex way out there on another playing field. Also, there would be still be the freak accidents where a parent cheated or parented a child beforehand and never revealed it.

It's indeed sad. I imagine something like this would be very scarring

Araylan

Wow. I'm almost rendered speechless but it's me so that's not possible. heh. I can't even imagine a situation like this. I would still want to have a relationship although not a sexual one obviously. Talk about ripping out hearts and stomping on them. More like lighting them on fire. Where would one go from here? Would you still be very good friends, best friends even or would you try to separate cold turkey and not be in each others lives? If they do remain in close contact, do they have to stand by and watch the person that they were absolutely in love with and wanted to grow old with fall in love and maybe marry someone else?

th_dunno.gif

This is just one of the most heartbreaking stories.

kaneda

I read about this yesterday. It is shocking. But remove the sex side of this (so can remove the "ew" factor).

Its actually a really interesting story. Does raise questions about genetics and the relationship to personality. Plus of course the nature of attraction.

But back on track - i think the main thing i think it how sad it is. You meet your perfect person who obviously makes yout ick - how do you cope. DO you even continue to speak (how could you?).