two questions.

ductapemyheartt

i hope i am posting this in the right place...

i had a terrible day today becuase i got in a fight with my mom, so what better to do than go to mac to feel better? the MAs made me feel better by chatting and giving me a free sample of moisturizer. i just love all of them.
:]

1. all of my makeup comes from mac with the exception of a few brushes and mascara. i went to sephora with a friend yesterday and attempted to pick out some shadows, but couldn't. does anyone else just feel like you are almost betraying mac by buying from other brands? am i just a freak? lol, i just felt strange picking out some shadows that were not in the cute mac pots...

2. do you just love it when you leave mac with colours all over your hands and arms from testing products?

Nikkilici0us

I like to mix up the brands a bit, because it gives you a wider spectrum and also different textures. MAC is not the ONLY good company, although it is my favorite
smiles.gif
I have a huge chest full of makeup, and some of my favorites aren't even MAC! so its good to mix it up a little bit
smiles.gif
As great of a slection MAC has, there's still more to experiment with!
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

I don't feel bad because I don't like limiting myself. Other brands have strong points as well and I don't want to miss out on those things.

Tubachick02

i mix in other brands all the time, NARS has colors that o great wth my MAC stuff, esp a spakly green/black one that is like a green version or Beauty Marked

BunnyBunnyBunny

I love MAC and I always check MAC's colors/dupes before I buy from another brand. I don't limit myself to just MAC but I definitely try to, haha. I stick to MAC foundations, brushes, and stuff, but I definitely check out other brands' eyeshadows (after checking MAC), nail polishes (after checking MAC), mascaras, and liquid liners. I only use MAC lip products though. No interest in other brands since I'm not into lips as much as I am into eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubachick02
i mix in other brands all the time, NARS has colors that o great wth my MAC stuff, esp a spakly green/black one that is like a green version or Beauty Marked

Night Porter. =) I WANT THAT SO BAD!!

Hilly

I went to Sephora yesterday, and couldnt buy anything makeup related because it wasnt MAC. I guess I stay true to what I love!!!

MisStarrlight

I feel overwhelmed when I shop at stores like Sephora. There is so much more product, so many more brands that I don't have product knowledge spewing out of my head of & a lot of the time the one by me is dirty (unorganized, missing a lot of stock) so I just grab my photofinish & get out.

I do, however, often shop in other freestanding stores (MUFE, FACE, etc) & I really <3 Alcone, so I guess I don't mind "cheating" on MAC if the circumstances are right....that & my kit needs to have more than just MAC in it or I don't feel right (since there are better options out there for a lot of things).

Beauty Mark

To me, MAC is just a brand. They show no loyalty to me, so why should I to them? Maybe if I were friends with a MUA there or something like that I'd feel differently, though. I also think there are others brands out there who are equal to or better than MAC, so it seems silly to limit myself.

I've always looked at it like clothes. Very rarely do I wear an outfit where every piece is straight from- The Gap, for instance. I shop at too many different places. I'll return to The Gap, as long as the produce what I like, but I feel no strong loyalty to them any more than I do to American Apparel, Target, Macy's, etc. I think makeup is the same.

If you're overwhelmed by Sephora, it's better to shop there early in the day, so you can get help easier. It's also pristine early in the day. I like to go in knowing that I'm going to check out a handful of brands or products; I use Sephora's site to get some ideas, then I use Specktra or makeupalley to determine what I'm actually going to look at.

coachkitten

Anytime I buy another brand(s) of makeup I will get home and think, "I should take this back and save the money for MAC." or "I could have bought x number of MAC eye shadows for what this cost".
I do have a lot of other makeup that is non-MAC but MAC is by FAR my favorite!
smiles.gif