Two Shimmertimes - help me identify the fake

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scintilla
Thanks everyone for help. I'll stick to buying from specktra members from now on... The seller is redbridgegal, http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/redbridgegal . She doesn't seem to have any make up on sale now. I think she was only selling pigment samples, and ebay has removed all the listings. She mentioned she's going to list them on ioffer.com instead.

Welp.. redbridgegal got her sample listings pulled (thanks to the people/person who reported!) because she WAS selling counterfeit MAC Pigments. Here is post #97 (until post #106), from the 'Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay', about her selling her counterfeit garbage. She also mentioned that she's a MAC Pro Member. So like I said in post #102, if she's a MAC Pro Member, she SHOULD be able to identify fakes straight away. Especially the boxes, the first thing that she could see and but NOT able to identify.

I do hope you're not planning to buy from her again. redbridgegal may be friendly and nice but like Ambi posted in another thread, "Well, they might contain just about anything, like rat poison, there's no way of knowing [without some professional chemistry] and people who make these probaby don't give a crap if someone goes blind or something, they just want your money."

Scintilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I do hope you're not planning to buy from her again.

Definitely not. She has promised to refund if I return the samples to her, but I'm just wondering, if she sells fakes, why would she be honest now. Then again, I'd only lose the postal cost, and I wouldn't use the samples anyway. Hmm.

dmenchi

Quote:
Welp.. redbridgegal got her sample listings pulled (thanks to the people/person who reported!) because she WAS selling counterfeit MAC Pigments. Here is post #97 (until post #106), from the 'Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay', about her selling her counterfeit garbage. She also mentioned that she's a MAC Pro Member. So like I said in post #102, if she's a MAC Pro Member, she SHOULD be able to identify fakes straight away. Especially the boxes, the first thing that she could see and but NOT able to identify.

I do hope you're not planning to buy from her again. redbridgegal may be friendly and nice but like Ambi posted in another thread, "Well, they might contain just about anything, like rat poison, there's no way of knowing [without some professional chemistry] and people who make these probaby don't give a crap if someone goes blind or something, they just want your money."

Y ou should report her to MAC- the fact that she is selling & a pro member is not acceptable!!!You obviously have a name that is accompanied to the account, so please do us all the favour and call MAC and let them investigate this selfish & greedy person. It's great of you to warn us all- Thanks!!!
cheerleader.gif
clap.gif
MAC's # is 1.877.553.5536

dmenchi

smiles.gif
Quote:
Definitely not. She has promised to refund if I return the samples to her, but I'm just wondering, if she sells fakes, why would she be honest now. Then again, I'd only lose the postal cost, and I wouldn't use the samples anyway. Hmm.

if you paid with paypal , you have the right to report her and recover your funds!!!you should def. try and do this ,it might take a few weeks ,but what she is doing is illegal. people like this need to be stopped- you have the power to prevent future damages of other innocent victims. Please don't even consider sending her anything back-she's ripping people off, you should get a refund!!!
(sorry,i don't mean to sound like a freak, i just believe in justice and consumer rights
smiles.gif

Scintilla

Thanks dmenchi, I actually filed a claim with Paypal resolution center, and she completely denied that her products are fakes, but suggested I return them and she'll refund me. I also think I should just get a refund, but if I escalate the claim and Paypal gets involved, I don't know how to prove they are fakes.

dmenchi

Quote:
Thanks dmenchi, I actually filed a claim with Paypal resolution center, and she completely denied that her products are fakes, but suggested I return them and she'll refund me. I also think I should just get a refund, but if I escalate the claim and Paypal gets involved, I don't know how to prove they are fakes.

You should definately escalate the claim , do not send her anything back until paypal has review your case. And when you hae the discussion with her , please make reference to maccosmetics.com .I advise that you contact somebody from in a writen form , even a copy of the live chat can help you proof that she's a fake. also, do copy the conversations with her and a link to where it clearly states that nobody has access to wholesale or whatever her story is items. Quote also MAC's policy of resale just in case she turn's out to be pro member. i had a similar situation and all i did is get a copy of the transcrips of a live-chat to prove that my merchant was a fake
smiles.gif
cheerleader.gif
it seems like a long process but really it's so simple. PM me if you need any help.
wavey.gif

panda0410

Crikey..... I reported this seller many many times AND told her myself that I did so. I also contacted many of her buyers and informed them they were buying fakes. This person was also reported direct to MAC - her wanton gloating that she bought EVERYTHING direct from MAC was enough to piss me off as she was clearly lying - her pics clearly showed FAKE mac - so I sent copies of her listings to MAC as well where I was informed that she was already being investigated by them. Ebay suspended her listings as well.....

Dont return the samples and make sure you have escalated a claim with paypal. Take the samples into your MAC store and compre them side by side. DONT let her get away with this - she KNEW right from the beginning that she was selling fakes and there is NO WAY known to man that she is innocent - she swore to me black and blue she bought everything from MAC Pro online and guaranteed they were authentic, I called her a liar because I knew she couldnt have and told her why I knew she was lying.....

panda0410

On the same note - is there a chance we could get a sticky thread for swatches only of pigment with these pics (and any others people might have) just for fake/real comparisons?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
You should definately escalate the claim , do not send her anything back until paypal has review your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Dont return the samples and make sure you have escalated a claim with paypal. Take the samples into your MAC store and compre them side by side. DONT let her get away with this - she KNEW right from the beginning that she was selling fakes and there is NO WAY known to man that she is innocent - she swore to me black and blue she bought everything from MAC Pro online and guaranteed they were authentic, I called her a liar because I knew she couldnt have and told her why I knew she was lying.....

I definitely agree with dmenchi and panda0410 on this one!

Don't send anything back until Paypal has reviewed your case. If you send the garbage back to her now before Paypal has a chance to review your case, you'll risk losing your money/case because you have nothing to prove.

Also, demand a full refund including postage because she sold you counterfeit MAC Pigments and you didn't know until you compared it to the authentic one side to side. Also, you can smell the difference.. counterfeit pigments smell like sweet talcum powder.

I'd rather have all my money back than have those garbage collecting dust... I don't say this proudly and loudly but I still have the counterfeit Dark Soul, Golden Olive and Pink Vivid for visual comparisons AND my full refund including postage back. No, it wasn't paid with Paypal but I demanded my refund because I KNOW they're fakes and have samples from MAC (initially before I went to buy the full size authentic ones!) to prove that they are fakes. The seller's feedback was a sparkling 100% +ve feedback BUT with the help of the Specktrettes here, I exposed her and posted it in her feedback.

I've also reported redbridgegal AND girly_face for their shameful dishonest behaviour to eBay and MAC. It still pisses me off to see that they're still registered users. eBay just doesn't seem to do anything to protect buyers when we report items/sellers.

dmenchi

Quote:

I've also reported redbridgegal AND girly_face for their shameful dishonest behaviour to eBay and MAC. It still pisses me off to see that they're still registered users. eBay just doesn't seem to do anything to protect buyers when we report items/sellers.

cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

i salute you for taking time to do this.
clap.gif
I feel very strongly about this myself & i feel that we need to protect 'our community' when it comes to stuff like this. These money hungry F*... piss me off, they have completley no sense of responibility.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
The fact that makeup fans are driven to have to purchase LE items for rediculious prices makes me mad & so does the fact that people even consider risking their health just to save a few bucks- but that gives nobody the right to abuse them like this and these people will through great lenghts to cover their lies ,which makes it so discouraging to deal with this . I just don't understand why more people aren't outraged by this! :confused:

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

i salute you for taking time to do this.
clap.gif
I feel very strongly about this myself & i feel that we need to protect 'our community' when it comes to stuff like this. These money hungry F*... piss me off, they have completley no sense of responibility.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
The fact that makeup fans are driven to have to purchase LE items for rediculious prices makes me mad & so does the fact that people even consider risking their health just to save a few bucks- but that gives nobody the right to abuse them like this and these people will through great lenghts to cover their lies ,which makes it so discouraging to deal with this . I just don't understand why more people aren't outraged by this! :confused:

I salute the people who takes the time to report dishonest sellers and their counterfeit crap.

I agree with you that we need to protect 'our community' when it comes to stuff like this. Haha I love how you said "money hungry F*...". They probably are since they don't really care, especially about other people's welfare and health, what they sell as long as they make extra bucks from it.

Definitely outraged with those behaviours as well as eBay for not giving a damn about the rubbish that people report repeatedly (sometimes). From my perspective, I suppose we're not the only ones outraged by the behaviours you described but maybe others as well who prefer to stay in the background...

Bybs

Totally off topic but I wanted to thank all members who have contributed to the numerous threads about Counterfeit MAC items on eBay. Without out you I'm sure that many more people would have become victims of these thieves.

I have to thank you. I'm not the biggest expert on MAC makeup so you have put me on the guard. But now I'm so nervous buying over ebay now haha and thats the only way I can get pigments