Uhoh, Royal Assets on eBay - is this real?

athena123

BeautyPsycho

I'm not really good with these kinds of things... It looks real to me, the only thing I noticed is that my brush ( I have "cool eyes" purchased on the counter) is shorter (bristles are) and doesn't go over the space where its in.
th_dunno.gif
maybe it's just because the pic is so big.

athena123

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
it looks real, and palettes aren't often faked.
What makes you suspicious?

Thanks for answering so quickly princess - the only reason I was a little hesitant was a result of this forum re: fake MAC products. I've purchased quite a great deal from ebay and have only had one bad experience. I'm usually pretty careful to only buy things I KNOW so I can tell by the photos but since these palettes are sold out, I can't go to my local MAC counter to compare...
winkiss.gif

darkishstar

I personally wouldn't worry about the palettes. They're usually not faked. It's really hard to fake the holiday insignia that's on all the palettes. If you're worried about what it looks like, go to the holiday swatches thread, a lot of people there have posted many detailed photographs of the palette you're talking about, so you can compare to those pictures.

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
Thanks for answering so quickly princess - the only reason I was a little hesitant was a result of this forum re: fake MAC products. I've purchased quite a great deal from ebay and have only had one bad experience. I'm usually pretty careful to only buy things I KNOW so I can tell by the photos but since these palettes are sold out, I can't go to my local MAC counter to compare...
winkiss.gif

ahhh yes that can be scary haha. Try not to be paranoid though - there are still some honest sellers on E-bay that sell the real thing. You not only have to watch out for fakes (check feedack, you can usually tell from the comments if people have received iffy products) but also people who wayyyy overcharge for MAC. Make sure you check with the prices on the website and compare photos. If you are unsure, a good way to check is by emailing the seller and asking for more information or pictures of the label. If they are rude to you about it then they are probably trying to pull one over on you. If you're really unsure, posting on Specktra is great because there is almost always someone around who can help!